73|afraid to turn

Start from the beginning

The Sheriff placed a hand on Mister Tate, beginning to guide him out the door when he stopped all of a sudden. Mister Tate breathed a sigh, before focusing on the Sheriff. Something had happened.

Mister Stilinski moved Mister Tate's jacket aside, to reveal a gun holstered at his hip.
"I have a permit," Mister Tate defended through gritted teeth.

But Mister Stilinski wasn't having it. "California schools are gun-free zones, permit or no permit. You need to leave, Mister Tate. Now."

The man stuttered and stumbled for words to reach his lips as the Sheriff guided him out of the locker room once more. "You find that animal," he basically begged. "You find that thing."

There was so much spite in his voice, I couldn't almost feel it like acid on my skin. If we didn't find Malia soon, then Mister Tate might just kill his own daughter.

♡♢♤♧

As soon as school was out, we headed straight to Doctor Deaton. We knew that the veterinarian would have the answer because he usually did.

"Xylazine. It's a tranquilliser for horses," the doctor explained to the four of us as he sat three small vials of xylazine on the metallic table. "For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot."

Scott stood next to the doctor as I stood beside Stiles, and then Isaac across from us. Allison was here, but then Scott had sent her to get a gun that we would be able to shoot Malia with the tranquilliser with.

"Allison's a perfect shot," Scott informed Doctor Deaton.

Isaac butted in, correcting Scott. "She used to be."

"She can do it."

"If we manage to find the thing."

Wanting to stop the back and forth before someone took it a step too far, I decided to speak before Scott could retaliate. "How about we all just take a step back, okay? I'm sure Allison will be able to handle this."

"Okay," Stiles added, suddenly joining the conversation. "But, what is the point of him?"
He pointed at Isaac, in case anyone was somehow unaware of who he was referring to at that moment.

From one debate to another. I only hoped Stiles wasn't trying to start something because of what Isaac and I used to have.
"Stiles," I sighed.

"Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's sixty-five degrees out."

Isaac smirked as he bit down on his lip, glancing at the navy scarf sitting around his neck. Stiles had a point, but I wasn't about to voice that opinion.

"Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask," Isaac told us all. "How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?"
Again, point to Isaac.

Scott took a moment to answer, but when he did, he seemed sincere. "I can do it."

"You can?" Stiles asked, stepping away from his Isaac interrogation.

"You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school?" When Stiles and I nodded, Scott continued. "In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery."

"This is a werecoyote, Scott," Doctor Deaton reminded Scott. "Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you."

Stiles blinked a couple of times, realisation coming to him. "That's why you called Derek, first."