65|guardians

My poor baby, Riley

----------

I slipped in and out of consciousness as I rolled onto my knees, breaths rattling out of my body. I began to crawl over to my bag, shattered pieces of glass cutting my arms as I did so.

Groaning in pain I reached out and pulled my bag towards me, dragging it across the dark floorboards. Opening it I reached in and took out my phone, black spots dancing in front of me, my head foggy.

Managing to unlock my phone, I went straight into my contacts and phoned Stiles.
"Pick up," I mumbled as I pushed myself back so that I could use the wall to stay upright.

The call rang out and Stiles didn't answer. I went to Scott next, and then Allison and then Isaac but none of them answered either.
"Where is everyone?" I muttered, any movement causing pain.

Going to Lydia's name next, I called her, praying she would answer. I readjusted the way I was seated, trying to get more comfortable but it didn't work. When it had been ringing for a while I was about to give up, when finally it stopped.

"Hey, sorry I didn't pick up right away, my phone was on silent," Lydia answered.

"Lydia," I gasped, thankful to hear someone's voice coming out of my phone. "Lydia, I need your help."

Lydia hummed to herself, "I'm at the hospital, but I can be there in maybe an hour."

My breath shook as I breathed in, "Lydia, you don't understand. I'm currently bleeding all over my floor and I need someone to help me before Charlotte gets home and no one is picking up."

Lydia stuttered for a moment, "Wait, what? Riley, why are you bleeding?"

"I need you, Lydia. Please."

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can."

When Lydia hung up the phone I allowed my arm to fall, my hand hitting the ground and my phone tumbling onto the floor. I tried to move, but all I could feel was the glass shifting in my back.

Resting my head against the wall, I tried to focus on healing. I felt the cool air dance over my skin, trying to lace it back together.

I kept at it for another twenty minutes until Lydia arrived at my house. "Hello?" She called. I tried to shout back to her, but I was just too tired from trying to heal myself.

Since Deucalion hadn't bothered to lock the door, Lydia walked right in. She kept calling my name until she reached the living room and saw me sitting against the wall.

"Oh, my god, Riley!"
Lydia crouched by my side putting her hands towards me trying to figure out where to start.
"What happened here?"

"Deucalion," I sighed as I let her help me stand. "I'm trying to heal. But I can't with all the glass."

"We need to get all of those shards out," she mumbled as she walked me to my bathroom and helped to sit me in the bath, "So you know what you are then?"

I nodded lightly, "Yeah. A sylph. Something to do with air."

Grabbing a pair of scissors, Lydia cut away my top so that she could see the damage. "I've read about those before," she nodded. "I know what I am too. A banshee."

"How'd you find that out?"

"Miss Blake told me," she replied simply. "Turns out she's the Darach."

I turned to face her, "Did you guys find something? Like, actual proof?"

Lydia pulled the scarf from around her neck to reveal deep purple bruising on her pale skin. She avoided my eyes, fiddling with the scarf in her hands.
"She kidnapped me, took me to a classroom and tried to strangle me with a garrote. I screamed, and she stopped; called me a wailing woman. A banshee."