74|more harm than good

Isaac is always stirring shit up, sorryyyyyy

Starting Question of the Chapter again, because why not?
Who is your favourite addition to the pack?

----------

"Isaac?" I gasped. "What are you doing here?"
Concentrating, I focused on the air around me, having it ready at my disposal if necessary.

He spun slightly in the chair, dragging his feet along the ground. "Do I make your boyfriend nervous?"

The smug look on his face only made me draw more strength from the air. "Isaac, I'm no where near the mood for this. I think you need to leave. How did you even get in here?"

The boy shrugged, "Your sister doesn't mind me as much now that I'm not dating you. You know, I always knew she didn't like me."

"Whatever. Can you just leave?"

"Okay, you're right, you're right," he said quickly. "I just wanted to check in with you, see how you're doing."

"And why would you do that?"

Isaac stopped moving his legs, shaking his head. "Riley, in a short amount of time you lost your mother, watched three of your friends die and come back to life, and now they're all going a little crazy. Just because it's not happening to you, doesn't mean it's not affecting you."

I lowered my guard, allowing the air to loosen and warp back to its normal state. Taking a few cautious steps, I sat on my bed to face Isaac. "I'm fine, Isaac. There are more important things going on right now."

He seemed taken back by my comment, his eyes staring at me, shifting from his earlier smugness. "Don't ever think that you're not more important than any other thing that happens in this town. I'm just trying to look out for you, Ri."

"I'm a big girl. I don't need protecting, Isaac," I told him.

"No, you don't," he agreed. "Especially now since you're a sylph."

I was somewhat shocked to hear the word leave his mouth. I hadn't told many people, but I knew that Isaac definitely wasn't one of them.
"How do you know that?" I asked quietly so that Charlotte wouldn't hear from her room.

Isaac smirked, "There aren't that many supernatural things in this town, Ri. Word spreads pretty easily."

Of course it does. I don't know why I expected it to stay underwraps. It was just weird hearing people actually say it out loud; that I was like Scott and Lydia and the others. That I wasn't normal.

"And I know there's something you're keeping from everyone," he said. "I just haven't figured it out yet."

He wasn't wrong. But was it the part where Deucalion had Kali try to kill me, or the fact that my dad was trying to steal me away from my sister? There was so much going on, I honestly forgot about both for a second. But then I walked into my living room, and the memory returned. It felt like needles in my back, reminding me of the feeling of the glass.

And then that hurt just took me back to the night I lost my mum. I couldn't lose anyone else, I don't think I'd be able to handle it.

I noticed Isaac was walking towards me slowly, a hand out somewhat defensively. "Hey, what's happening right now?"

Glancing over at my mirror, I could see my hair was lifted around my shoulders and my eyes were glowing lightly.
"I've practised, but I still don't have full control," I explained. "You need to leave. I don't want to accidentally hurt you."

"I'm not going anywhere," he said, shaking his head. "You need to concentrate on what means most to you. That's how Derek taught me to control the change on a full moon. It's been helping me on normal days when I feel out of control as well."