GOOD NEWS

Stars filled the sky like pale corn into freshly turned ground. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. It was a vastness to bring humbleness and an eternal space to bring gratitude for the coziness of home. No matter the years that passed, Sameer saw each night sky as a fresh gift given anew. It was the moment anyone that knew him would see his eyes smile and his breathing deepen just a little. Standing near the window, he was waiting for his lifeline, his  Naina. In the cool tranquility of night, he was a little disoriented. Though his eyes were fixed on Naina, but he was not seeing her but thinking about something else. God knows how much time passed standing like that as he only realized when after completing her chores, she walked to him and wrapped him in a soft hug.

He jerked at once when all of a sudden her arms caught around him, but his arms went around her automatically. Seeing him still a little lost, she asked,"kya hua hai Sameer... Jabse sab gye hai, tum bhut paresan se ho..."

He looked at her and thought about what she was saying. Yes, she was right. It was a weekend and they invited their friends for a casual dinner and to lay some plans fir their upcoming anniversary in next week, but since when they all took a leave from them, he was abnormally silent. "Is he missing something.. if yes, then should he tell her the reason and most importantly, Is this really the reason for his sudden silence...",he was all lost in thoughts, when she asked again,"bolo naa Sameer... Kya baat hai... Ab to mujhe ghabrahat ho rahi hai..."

He looked at her beautiful face, shinning with the glitters of the happiness. He couldn't decide to tell her directly or not, as couldn't think about her reaction and never wanted to be a reason for her faded smile, so softly replied,"kuch nhi Naina... Bas soch rha tha ki kitni jaldi itna waqt beet gya naa... Teen saal pure ho jayenge agle week hamari shadi ko, lekin lagta hi nhi... Hai naa..."

She hummed slowly relaxing on his chest and said,"haa Sameer, dekho naa kitna waqt beet gya... Sab kuch badal gya, agar kuch nhi badla to ye tumhara pyar aur tum..."

"Wo to kabhi badalunga bhi nhi... Lekin haa baki sab kafi badal gya hai... Munna aur swati, Raunak ke mummy papa ban gye aur Pandit aur Shreya bhabhi bhi ab jaldi hi mummy papa banne Wale hai... Aur Preeti, uska beta bhi kitna pyara hai naa... sham se dono bachho se ghar kitna bhara bhara lag rha tha naa... Fr achanak se suna lagne lga...",he said deeply thinking and in a meaningful way.

Naina looked at him keenly, observed every expression of his face, thought something and said,"haa, sabke aane se acha to lag rha tha, lekin kitni shaitani karte hai naa dono... Uff bachhe sambhalna kitna mushkil hota hai, tumhe kya pta..."

"Lekin tum akele to nhi ho... Mai hu naa tumhare saath...", he said quickly as if talking about something else.

"Tum ho... Tum ho se kya Matlab Sameer...",she narrowed her brows, looked in his eyes and said,"waise bhi Swati ya Preeti ke babies ko hume thode hi naa sambhalna hai... Mai waise bhi Ajkal bhut busy hu... Saans lene ki bhi fursat nhi hai..."

"Q.. q nhi hai time...", he asked again without giving much time for thinking.

"Come on Sameer... Tum jante to ho, wo Mumbai wala project aur wo book bhi abhi deadline se pehle complete karni hai... Kitna kaam pada hai aur tum alag hi paheliya bujhane me lage ho...",she said in a quicker and busy tone.

"Par Naina...",he tried to say something but she interrupted him, pulled back from his arms and said a little annoyed,"kya par... Koi par war nhi... Tumhe sona hai to chalo warna yhi khade hokar gino taare... Itna kaam hai subah, aur tumhe pta nhi q dusro ke bachhe sambhalne hai..."

"Ban gyi Naina devi... Ab ise kaise btau ki dusro ke nhi apne sambhalne hai...",he muttered under his breath still rooted in his place. Though wanted to say loudly but couldn't and silently followed her on bed.