Chapter 05

"Good afternoon Mom. Good afternoon Dad" I kissed both of their cheeks before answering her question.

"He is my classmate. He just walked me home because I'm alone and have no one to talk to"

"He better be just a friend huh" she said smirking then rolled his rich chocolate brown eyes.

Her actions and treatment to me is not that kind of a big deal to me now. I'm used to it. And I'm still great full for her.

Dad pointed the couch in front of theirs, so he is probably telling me sit for a minute. My backpack is now at the side and I shifted my focus in whatever they will gonna tell to me.

"Your birthday is near. You only have one week to prepare for the big announcement. Have you prepared yourself already?" He then sips the liquid from his glass, probably another shot of rum.

"I have prepared myself for a long time now. I'm sure I will not gonna do such things that will destroy it" confidence is evident in my voice. I've been preparing my whole life for this. The big announcement.

"Mr. Garett will visit you here this week for the dresses you have to finalize"

Mr. Garett is one of the designers around the world that is known for his expensive and world class works. He serves for us all the time, providing us whatever suits or clothes we have to wear in a occasion. He do have favoritism, but I'm not one of the chosen.

"Noted"

After telling me all the things that I will still have to work on for my upcoming 18th birthday, I grumpily lay on my bed. Exhausted. And tired.

My eyes starts to adjust as soon as it met the light. I didn't even know that I have slept already. It is 8:45 pm now.

"Out of all times" irritation to myself starts to pile up. We have assignments and notes to finish but here I am slept for 4 hours. I still have to finish my notes in Spanish. A research for Biology. And a review for a long test for Literature. Hell I know.

You must be wondering why do I have a Spanish class now. That is because it didn't seems like I really want General Math now. We do have Spanish C1 and C2. So I quickly grabbed the chance to move to Spanish C2. It just happened that 'dudes' are in C2 and Joel switched also and get both classes.

I started working my school things and papers. With my earphones plugged in my ears, giving me enough energy to be awake and alive.

My phone suddenly beeps and that means I have received a message. I snake it and saw my best friend just texted me.

Celia💚: hey gurl! You haven't texted me in awhile since the semester started:(( I miss you.

She never really forgets me.

I quickly replied to her with a smile in my face.

Me: I really am sorry😅 have been busy with schoolworks. Currently doing some right now but I don't mind texting my best friend😉

Cecilia Rein Jonas is my best friend since elementary. She is a daughter of a politician also. But in our friendship, there is no way we let politics and sources takes in. We keep it real and low class, and that's why I really love her so much. She is now a student of MCA which means Miami College of Arts because of her talent when it comes to painting.

Celia💚: how's life in Miami University?

Me: you don't know how fun it is to be hear. I have met awesome professors and new friends in here actually.

If she only knew about him.

Celia💚: oh that is great for you😊 you should really visit here soon. My Mom missed you too so much😂

Mrs. Jonas is really sweet and caring. She loves to cook delicious meals for us all the time. My favorite is the one she prepared for us when I first got in their house. Celia can cook also but she really pursue her ambition to be a great artist someday.

Me: yeah sure I would love too.
Me: my birthday is coming. Don't be absent there!😬

Celia💚: actually Mr. Garnett wants me to come over there also in your finalization.

The designers love her so much because of her beauty and slim body, so I am not surprised that he invited her to help me.

Me: sounds great😄 see you soon. Gonna finish my schoolworks first. Love you💕 bye!

=

The week is almost over. It is as usual as it is. CoShop at the morning and hanging out with Joel and his friends the whole day. We got some new projects to do including that magazine for Spanish Class 2.

I am getting ready now for Mr. Garnett's visit in a couple of minutes from now. My best friend also texted me that she is on her way here to help in the process. Everyone knows that she have a really good taste at styles.

Later on, Nanny Lydia told me that the visitors are already downstairs. I scan my outfit first in the mirror before I continue. I am wearing a white plaided skirt with a pastel yellow oversized polo tucked in. My hair are free from the grip of bands and my face do looks decent enough to face the visitors. Obviously I should have. Because if not, I will be in a big problem with Mom and Dad.

"Good morning Mr. Garnet" I nod at him, "also to you Celia" which I both send my warmest smile.

I can say that I am a little bit nervous at this process. I don't know why. Maybe it is because I am not used to it. Or maybe I am just conscious too much of my appearance and clearly not confident with how I look. Maybe both.

"Okay let's start!" He clapped his hands in the air like he always does, then his assistants move in all the needed clothes and dresses to be chosen.

Choices | e.b.cOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara