CHAPTER EIGHT

Reem and I ordered some grilled cheese sandwiches, french fries, and sodas

Reem and I ordered some grilled cheese sandwiches, french fries, and sodas. We carried the trays to the cafeteria tables and took a seat. Reem looked annoyed again and I chuckled. "What's with the scowl?"

"I hate cafeteria food. I want to go to Timmies but my dearest professor will kill me. He's very strict about the timing. I mean, we're not in elementary school anymore."

"I think it's not so bad," I shrugged, taking a bite of my sandwich.

She rolled her eyes at me and tossed a couple of fries into her mouth. Then her phone vibrated as she reached out for it and started typing away. "Oh, shoot. Vince's still stuck in the auditorium. I'll be already in the lab by the time he gets out."

"Well, you can catch up in the evening?"

"I doubt. I have to do some assignments for tomorrow." She then scooted over. "Anyway, tell me about you and Ethan. I need details."

"Tell you what? There's nothing."

"Shut up, I saw him dropping you yesterday but then you went to take a shower, and by the time you came back, I was already asleep."

I laughed. "Yeah, you were snoring."

She gasped. "Oh my God, what? Was I really snoring?"

"No, I'm just messing with you. But you seemed to be really tired."

"Yeah, I had classes all day and I ended up missing the good stuff! Spill the tea, girl."

I sighed. "It's not how it looks like. We just had a meal together at some Irish restaurant and then talked a bit. That's all."

"Talked about what?" She grinned.

I shrugged. "Just random stuff, here and there. He told me about his hometown and I told him about Elora. He kinda seemed to be homesick, though."

"Really?" She arched her eyebrows. "That's odd, he never really said anything about that. I mean, he seems to be doing well in Toronto."

"Well, I don't know..." I trailed off. "I think everyone misses their hometown at some point."

"Yeah, that's true. Besides Ethan is a tough guy, so I'm glad you guys talked. He could use that, " she smiled.

Actually, he's the one who's been helping me.

"Hey, blondie." Connor made his way to our table with some girl pressed flush against him. "And, angel." I let my eyes drink in her appearance, she was relatively tall but a little shorter than Reem, light cool brown hair that totally complimented the darker one in her irises. She had a sweet grin stretched onto her lips, in contradiction to her aura that seemed chaotic and unapologetic.