CHAPTER THREE

My Room Transfer request was finally approved and I moved to Reem's dorm

My Room Transfer request was finally approved and I moved to Reem's dorm. To be honest, I didn't really expect it to get approved, it was my first year and I didn't have quite a good reason. However, it was such a relief when I heard the news. I was feeling quite lonely, my roommate didn't even show up. It had been fun living with my best friend though, her sleeping pattern was apparently still the very same. If I hadn't waken her up every single morning, she would have probably missed a dozen of classes. I wondered how she made it through the whole thing last year.

I entered the lecture hall — which was clearly empty. Did it lack some enthusiasm or was I the one to be too excited? I strolled to the nearest bench seat and took a place on it. Leave it to an introvert like me to make friends. I shook my head at the thought and diverted my attention to the windows to seek some sunlight. It was then when I noticed a dark-haired guy, wearing a button-up shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He seemed to be stuffing his laptop into the backpack as a soft frown crept up his face. He must have been the last to leave the previous lecture, I didn't even think he noticed my presence around here.

I flickered my eyes to the other side, not wanting to come off as a creep who stares at people from afar. I heard the sound of feet stomping on the floor as he made his way towards the entrance, I let my eyes dart in his direction only to receive a tight-lipped smile that emphasized his adorable dimples. Isn't he cute?

The students started flooding in, filling out the seats that were deserted not a moment ago. I stole a glance from my wristwatch and sighed. The professor should be here any minute now.

"Does anyone know whose notebook is this? Someone left it here." I tilted my head to the source of the voice. Some guy with brown hair was staring around, seemingly looking for the owner. Could it be his?

I could be wrong but he was the last to leave and none of the students spoke. I didn't want to rush so I waited a moment for someone to make a move but it was in vain.

The guy shrugged and placed it back on the surface. I hurried towards him and asked. "Can I have it? I think I know who it belongs to."

"Sure. Go ahead." I grabbed the notebook and rushed outside of the hall. There was a small chance I could find the guy since it's been quite a few minutes since he left but there was no harm in trying. I let my eyes roam the area, hunting for the guy with dark hair and cute dimples. I walked a few steps to the front only to find him leaning against a wall and talking to someone. Is it just me or have I been getting lucky recently?

I stabilized my breathing before heading towards him and handing him the notebook. "Hi, sorry to interrupt but I think this one belongs to you."

His eyes darted to the notebook for a second before searching mine again. "Oh— might have left it in the hall." He then let out a barely-audible chuckle. "Bad day. Thanks a lot."