IX

My breathing got faster and faster

My breathing got faster and faster. My bear feet hitting the cold ground, making the leaves and sticks crunch underneath me. "You can't run from me forever, bitch" my dads voice echoed throughout the trees.i tired to run as fast as my legs could take me, but I couldn't anymore.

I suddenly feel on an old tree stump, causing me to cut my leg on some branches. I could hear him getting closer and closer, with every step he took. I tired to keep quite, but my sobs filled the quite night.

Then it all when quite. I tired to get up and try to search for help, when I was pushed down, hitting my head on the tree stump. "Your not going anywhere" my dad said smirking at me.  "This time I'm going to finish what I started" he slowly pulled out a gun from his back pocket. "And that's a promise". He placed the cold gun up to my head." Please dad don't do this!" I cried. He pulled the trigger.

I woke up in a cold sweat, my heart racing and my breathing faster than ever. "A-Amelia, what's wrong are you okay?" Johnny said waking from his sleep. "I-I.. I h-had a nightmare o-of my dad" I tried spitting out my words, but I was still in shock. "Shh shh it's okay" Johnny said pulling me in his arms. I laid my head on his shoulder pulling him closer to me . "It's okay, your okay I promise you" he said pulling me closer. I rested my head on his chest and soon drifted off to sleep, safe in his arms.

—————————- time skip—————————

My eyes fluttered open, and I felt Johnnys arms draped around me. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, flashbacks from my dream flooding back into my memory. I slowly got up trying not to wake up Johnny, he looked so peaceful sleeping. As I got up the bed squeaked causing Johnny to wake up suddenly. "Hey sorry for waking you" I said smiling at him. "No no it's okay" he said rubbing his eyes. "Are you alright". "Yeah. I think so. It's just a stupid dream I'll be fine" I said shaking my head trying to convince myself of just that. It was Just a dream. Johnny still had a sad expression plastered on his face. "I'm going to take a shower" I said breaking the silence before I grabbed my clothes from the closet and shutting the bathroom door behind me.

I walked out of the bathroom rubbing my hair together with my towel. I didn't see Johnny anywhere , so I started to walk downstairs. I could hear my nana and Johnny speaking so I knew he was already down there.

"Oh good morning Amelia" my nana said walking over to me. "Johnny told me about the dream you had last night, do you want to talk about it" she said placing her arms on my shoulders. "I'm fine, there's nothing to talk about" I said smiling walking over to the table to eat breakfast. My nana soon after walked back over joining us at the table.

"Hey Johnny wanna go to the curtis's, see what their up to" I asked placing my dishes in the sink. "Yeah sure let me put my shoes on" he said getting up. "Alright let me go grab my jacket" I said slowly disappearing up that stairs.

I ran back downstairs sliding on my jacket before walking out with Johnny."bye mrs Anderson"Johnny said before walking out.

"What's is up my hoesss" I said jumping onto the couch, elbowing pony in the head. "Jeez Amelia gotta stop jumping on people" pony said rubbing his temples. "Sorry man. Hey we're is everyone" I asked looking around not finding anyone in sight. "Soda and Steve got called in for work, Darry is a work also, two-bit is probably getting drunk in some alleyway and dally is at bucks" pony said getting up to greet Johnny.

"Me and Johnny are gonna head to the lot wanna come" pony asked. "Nah I think I'll pass, imma make my way down to the DX" I said jumping up and heading out the door. "Bye guys". "See ya" pony and Johnny replied giggling to themselves.

I was walking for a bit when I noticed the DX up ahead. Out of curiosity I took a look behind me and saw a mustang trailing behind me, almost like the one I saw the night pony and Johnny were jumped. They pulled up right next to me and 4 guys came out. Just my luck. Socs..

"Hey there hot stuff" one said, walking closer to me, creating a barrier around me. "What do you want rich boy" I said reaching to my back pocket to get my switchblade, only to realise it wasn't there. Gosh how could I be so stupid. " what's wrong, forgot protection" he said sarcastically pulling a frown onto his face. "Just tell me what you want" I said coldly. "I wanna finish what I promised I would" he said inching closer to me. I took a step back running into the guys behind me. "Your not going anywhere until we're done" he said with a smirk on his face.

He pushed me to the ground, causing me to hit my head on a rock below me. I winced in pain trying to get up, but before I could the guy sat on my chest ordering the guys to hold my arms down" let go of me!" I said flailing around trying to get their grip off me. "Not so fast sweetcakes" he said pulling his switchblade across my cheek. I managed to push him off and got up but not for long until I was slammed against a brick wall. "So you want to play hard way" he scoffed. "Ugh get off of me!" I tried screaming before I was punched in the face. "Shut her up!" One said. I tried nudging my self out of his grasp but it was no use as he was much stronger than me. He repeated to punch and kick me as I fell to the ground weakly. " common let's get out of here" he said running into his car and driving off.

I sat there coughing trying to get my head around what just happened. I tried to get up but instantly fell back down due to my injuries. After a while I finally got the strength to get up and slowly limp to the DX.

————————————————————————