You ok sweetie?

When I got home yesterday after Colby dropped me off, I was hoping my mom wasn't home so she wouldn't ask what had happened between Colby and I. I mean, I do trust my mom but I just rather keep things to myself sometimes you know? She was in the living room and I was praying that she didn't see me so I can just go to my room.

Mom: Lydia?

"Well shit....." I mumbled to myself. I walked into the living room and saw her sitting on the couch.

You: Yes mom?

Mom: are you ok? Colby came by a few hours ago looking for you, saying that you ran off from him

You: oh yeah, I'm great! Nothing happened

Mom: are you sure? you do know you can tell me anything right? Im your mom Lydia. Are you both ok?

You: I know mom, trust me, I'm fine. We're both great, nothing happened between us. Can you drop it now?

Mom: alright fine! If he ever hurts you, I will kill him.

*Next Day*

It's a school day and I didn't wanna go. I also don't wanna see Colby or his group of friends. I don't wanna be bullied around my boyfriend who doesn't defend me. I'm not up for that, i rather stay home than being bullied by some plastic dolls.

I headed downstairs and saw my mom making breakfast.

Mom: are you not going to school?

You: No, I really don't wanna. But do you wanna have a girls day? I feel like we haven't bonded s much as we use to.

Mom: Agh yes! Let's finish breakfast first and we can go out.

We ate breakfast and chatted about where we should go. We agreed on getting our nails done first, then we would go shopping, and lastly we will go out to eat.

I went up to my room and changed into some black ripped jeans, band tee, and put on my doc martens. I put up my hair in a messy bun, grabbed my phone and purse and headed out of my room. I waited for my mom in the living room until she was ready. I put my phone on 'do not disturb' so I wouldn't hear my calls, texts, etc.... Its much better than putting it on ringer cause I wanted to avoid my phone.

Mom: alright sweetie, lets go! GIRLS DAY BABY!

I laughed and we chose to drive my car. I blasted Amnesia by 5SOS and I sang my little heart out and stopped at a red light. I was so into it until my mom lowered the volume and asked me if I was ok.

You: yeah mom I'm ok! This song just hits so hard right now.

It hits right in the feels cause I'm sad but I'm not gonna tell that to my mom cause then she'll go after Colby. I pulled up at the nail salon and parked. I told my mom that I was paying so she wouldn't have to pay at the end. I decided on the color black like the usual and my mom got a red color. While only one hand was being done, I pulled out my phone cause I got bored. I had like 9 missed calls from Colby and 7 texts from him.

Colby: hey where are you?

Colby: are you running late? ill wait for you

Colby: C'mon, answer my calls! is this about yesterday at school?

Colby: I said I was sorry baby.....

Colby: please call me back......

It went on and on like that. I just left him on read and continued my day with my mom. After getting our nails done, we went to the mall. I got myself some new shoes and some cute clothing. My mom literally only bought 1 shirt while I left the mall with 4 freaking bags.

Mom: ill drive!

You: please don't crash my car

We laughed about it and she picked out where we will be eating. I really thought we were going to go to a fancy place but SHE LITERALLY PICKED CHICK-FIL-A!!!

You: I thought we were going somewhere fancy but this will do!!

Mom: Darling, this is better than going to a fancy place and paying more.

You: Who cares about fancy shit, lets go eat this amazing food!

We ordered and sat at a table in the back. I saw the clock on the wall and it was 5pm. I looked up and our food came and we thanked the lady.

You: OHH MY GOOOSSSHHH AGH! this is so fucking good

Mom: stop talking with your mouth full

I told my mom that I will be back, I needed to use the bathroom. Once I finished, I walked back and I look at my mom and she was laughing. I couldn't see who she was talking to cause someone was blocking the person who she was talking to. When I got near our table, I froze. It was Colby, Colby was talking to my mom. I walked up and they look up and give me a smile.

Mom: Look who came to eat here too!

I laughed and smiled.

You: haha, Hi Colby.

Colby: Well, ill leave you two alone now. Enjoy your food.

Mom: No, come eat with us! We just got here a few min ago!

I take it back, i wish we went to a fancy place. He sat next to me and asked me why i didnt go to school.

"I didn't really want to" I said. He nodded and continued eating his food. My mom got up and threw away our trash, Colby being the last one eating.

Mom: i'll wait for you in the car Lydia.

I nodded and stayed quiet. I didn't feel like talking to him but i would have to either way since he's here.

Colby: I'll see you tomorrow at school, i don't want your mom waiting out there in the car for too long. I'll text you tonight.

I got up and gave him a hug. He kissed my forehead and walked me to my car. He said goodbye to my mom and we left home. The car ride home was quiet, i liked it. When i got home, Colby texted me but i just ignored his texts