Round 119 - January 5 - 11, 2020

COMMENTING PERIOD: SundayJanuary 5 – Saturday, January 11, 2020, 11:59 P.M. PST

MODERATOR: SapphireAlena

NOTE: Please let your partners know when they have reached the climax of your book so that they can use the Climax Comment Topic

NOTE: Please let your partners know when they have reached the climax of your book so that they can use the Climax Comment Topic. We will no longer be listing it on the rounds as the club has grown so large it is hard to keep track. Thank you.

COMMENT TOPIC: Comment on the mood of each chapter by describing how you felt while reading it. Then explain how the author was able to evoke those feelings. Be as detailed as possible. Min. length: 3 sentences each chapter. Please post each response in the corresponding chapter.

META ANALYSIS (Each chapter, in-line comments, at least 5 per chapter):

^ 👍 or THUMBS UP-Elaborate why you think so. (at least one time each chapter-[1 MANDATORY per chapter])

^ or NEEDS CAFFEINE-Elaborate why you think so. (at least one time each chapter-[1 MANDATORY per chapter])

^ 💓 or HEART RACING (feeling excitement) [OPTIONAL]

^ 😥 or TEARS (crying or feeling very emotional) [OPTIONAL]

^or HEART (love something, more than a thumbs up) [OPTIONAL]

^ 😵 or CONFUSED (don't understand something) [OPTIONAL]

^ 😂 or LAUGHING (made you laugh) [OPTIONAL]

ASSIGNMENTS:

Member - Partner - Partner's Book - Chapters

ENFORCER: AmericanBruja

AuthorJMColes: karinberry Boneca - 12, 13 

karinberry: AuthorJMColes Vigilante and the Dragon - 6.1, 6.2, 6.3

ENFORCER: MichaelHoliday

IntoTheTempest: JaxonBlacc Bolt - 23, 24

JaxonBlacc: IntoTheTempest Necromancy in D Minor - A Lady's Leitmotif, Purgatory's Dirge, Sonata of the Bells

Madkea: Michael Holiday Mary Cairins and the Reindeer Games - 22, 23, 24

ENFORCERSapphireAlena

Michael Holiday: Madkea Anomalous: The Seven Deadly Sins - 22, 23, 24

Waiting new partner:

YvonneDeBandi (please contact us when you have your new book ready)

CelticWarriorQueen17

Debra Castaneda

Plus two new prospective members in screening.

FIRST CHAPTERS INSTRUCTIONS:

First chapters are extremely important. They need to set the tone and entice the reader to read the rest of the book. Comment on the level of your engagement throughout the chapter. Did you find yourself skimming at times? Or were you hooked the entire way through? How was the author able to keep you engaged and/or how did the author lose you? Min. length: 3 sentences each chapter. Please post each response in the corresponding chapter.

CLIMAX TOPIC INSTRUCTIONS:

Was conflict clearly established, developed and resolved after a gripping climax? These are the works we remember. Think about the tense confrontation ending with these four words of Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker, "No, I am your father." The climax was gripping and the confrontation quite satisfying. Yet sometimes, the conflict is minimally established and resolved, lacking development. Evaluate the story's conflict and its resolution. Min. length: 6 sentences. Please post in the last chapter of this week's assignment.

CHARACTER ANALYSIS INSTRUCTIONS:

After finishing reading a book, you will spend the following five weeks analyzing the five major characters. (If the book does not have five characters, please inform the moderator for the week.) Taking a character each week (starting with the protagonist), analyze the character and his or her arc. Identify the character's strengths and flaws. Indicate how they have affected the outcome of the plot. Examine the character's dialogue. Specify which chapter or chapters were the best-written for the character. If something did not work, make sure to point it out kindly and with at least one suggestion on how to correct problem. Minimum length: 15 sentences. Please post the character analysis in the last chapter of the book.

PLOT ANALYSIS INSTRUCTIONS:

Analyze the plot structure of the book. Identify which chapters include the following plot locations: opening exposition, primary incident, rising action, climax, and conclusion. Not every book has a conclusion. Some end on the climax chapter. Identify how the tension and conflict led to the climax. If there is room for improvement in certain areas, identify them tactfully. If not, explain the techniques the author used to execute the plot. Minimum length: 15 sentences. Please post the plot analysis in the last chapter of the book.

REMINDERS:

✏ When you have seen your assignment, comment on this page that you have done so.

✏ When you finish your assignment, create a new comment on this page that you have done so.

✏ Enforcers will be checking all comments for quality and tone.

✏ Questions? PM SapphireAlena directly.