The Tale of Two Friends

The final chapter of the story. I'll be honest, I'm a little sad that this story is coming to an end. 😔

On a more positive note, this is probably the longest chapter I've ever written. I hope all of you enjoyed it and will like my other stories that I post. Enjoy the final chapter and please comment. 😉

Jay walked quickly and quietly pass the other cells of Kryptarium Prison. He wasn't sure why he was doing this, but he just had a feeling that he needed to do it. He just needed to know. Jay stopped in front of one of the heavily armed cells like the one Lord Garmadon had been held in before the Oni attacked Ninjago and they were forced to release him so he could help them.

As the door opened and he walked in, he once again questioned if he should actually listen to what Seth had to say as the door behind him closed and the lasers came on to keep it that way. But then Jay reminded himself that Seth could possibly be the only person who could tell him the truth about his mom and whoever she was. So he pulled the lever to activate the platform to the cell and continued to walk to him until he finally stopped in front of Seth's prison cell. Before him, Seth sat in a chair, looking at a magazine. It was obvious to Jay that he hadn't even noticed that he had entered to talk to him. He cleared his throat to get his attention.

"I was wondering when I'd come looking for answers," said Seth as he up down the magazine and stood up from his chair in his cell. "I take it you saw the pictures in the chest. I appreciate that you're willing to let me explain why I did what I did to you and your friends before you assume the worst."

"I'm here because I want answers on what really happened to my birth mom," Jay said a little harshly to him. "And you're the only person who can tell me anything. Nothing more."

"I understand, you think I betrayed your mothers' trust, don't you?" Seth asked, closing his eyes as if he were reliving a memory. He looked ashamed of himself for some reason. For a moment, he didn't look like the man Jay saw in the theater, but rather a man who lost something that could never be returned or fixed. "I won't blame you if you do."

"Well, you having Ultra Violet and Killow kidnap me and promising them something if they brought you the key that opened something that didn't belong and wasn't meant for you isn't exactly proof you're a good guy who my mom trusted." Jay pointed out to him, a little less harsh.

Seth gave a small chuckle and said, "I suppose you're right. But there's more to my relationship with your mother than meets the eye. Trust me on that."

"What was your relationship with my mom?" Jay asked, finally asking one of the big questions he had planned to ask him.

"That is something of a long story," Seth said, taking a seat in the chair in his cell. "Do you want to hear it?"

Jay thought for a moment. He wanted a straight answer to why his mom would be around someone like Seth. And said man could be the only one who could answer the question. So, even if he didn't fully trust Seth, Jay took a seat on the floor and said, "I want to hear the story."

Seth smiled and looked about ready to start talking when he spotted something on Jay's wrist. Jay followed his eyes and saw he was staring at the bracelet that he had found in the chest. Seth gave a small sad smile at the bracelet, and that's when it hit Jay, the bracelet might have been what Seth had been after, not the other things in the chest.

"I guess this is what you wanted from the chest," Jay said, taking it off so Seth could get a better look at him. He nodded, still smiling sadly at the old bracelet. Then, Jay asked him, "Why is an old bracelet so important to you?"

"Well, now that you have that bracelet, I can do better than tell you what happened, I can show you," Seth informed him. "All I need is to hold that bracelet."