Seth and the Rescue

You're all finally getting a new chapter! I hope you all enjoy this chapter and sorry it took so long to complete. I was trying my hardest but I couldn't really figure it out. That, plus I had my attention taken away for a while by another story that's still in process. Still, enjoy and comment, please. Double sorry it's short. 😉

"What do you mean your key?" Jay asked, confused about what this man, Seth, was talking about. His birth mom left him the key to do whatever it is she wanted him to do with it. There was no way that it belonged to some random guy who could do magic.

"Well, not mine, but it's owed to me," Seth told him. He was observing Jay in a strange way. He was staring at him like he was the most interesting thing in all of Ninjago.

"Okay, then how is it owed to you?" Jay questioned him.

"Isn't the answer obvious?" he asked Jay, looking like he partly enjoyed his confusion. "Your mother has something that I want back."

"What could she have that you want back?" Jay asked him, trying to get him to tell him what he could want so badly that he'd break two criminals out of Kryptarium Prison and convince them to help him. 

"An item that is irreplaceable." Seth answer shortly.

"Okay, but how do you know that the key leads to what you're looking for?" Jay questioned. "My mom could have hidden it anywhere in Ninjago."

"Let's just say that I have my ways," he told him mysteriously. It was really starting to annoy Jay. Why did this guy have to be so mysterious? Couldn't he just tell Jay what the key opened and what he wanted? Was that so hard for him?

Then, behind Seth, Jay saw a black figure. He knew from years of working together that it was Cole. He gave Jay a hand signal that told him to keep Seth talking so he could save him. Jay quickly understood and knew he had to ask Seth more questions.

"So, what does the key open?" Jay asked, trying to keep Seth's attention on him and not the Ninja currently sneaking around the building.

"You really don't know? It opens a chest that holds some items that Libby acquired over the years." Seth told him in a boarded tone. Jay could tell he was probably getting bored with these pointless questions, so he decided to ask a random question without even thinking about it first.

"How did you know my mom?" he blurted out, shocking both Seth and himself. He hadn't even known that the question had been bouncing around his head since Seth first mentioned his mom.

Before he could answer, there was the sound of fighting coming from upstairs, saving Seth from having to answer. He looked up at the window that overlooked the theater that the two were in and he grumbled, "What are those two incompetent fools doing?"

But when he looked up at the window, he saw that Ultra Violet and Killow were not alone. In the room with them were three familiar colors of green, white, and red. It looked like Cole had brought some backup with him.

"How did those three color-coded Ninja sneak by me?" Seth asked angrily. "They're fruit colored, how could I miss them?"

"The same way you missed us!" someone shouted at Seth. He turned and saw not only Nya and Cole but also Pixal and Seliel. "You don't pay attention enough."

"Pay attention to this!" Seth shot back as he mumbled a few words and suddenly a few chairs came off the ground and flew towards the Ninja. They all managed to dodge the attack. As the girls distracted Seth, Cole went over to Jay to see if he could get him to lose from the chair he was forced seated in.

"How did you find me?" Jay asked as Cole came up beside him.

"Nya and I had a feeling you'd do something stupid like this, so we had Seliel put a tracker on you so we could follow you when we woke up," Cole told him.

"You put a tracker on me?" Jay asked, a little disturbed at the fact. Although it was what lead them right to him, saving his life, so he really wasn't in a place to complain about it.

"Yeah and ya know, this is why you don't go off on your own. Because then crazy people will come after you and try to kill you." Cole angrily said to him as he pulled Jay out of the seat with no luck. "Man, this is some pretty sticking stuff on this seat. What did people spill on it, glue?"

"He magiced me to the seat, so I can't get lose," Jay told Cole after another failed attempt to pull him lose.

"Well maybe if we put deepstone on him, his magic will stop," Cole suggested.

"Where are we going to get deepstone?!?" Jay asked, a little panicked that he was going to be stuck to the chair forever. He took a few deep breaths before replying. "Do you think Pixal happens to have any with her? Or Seliel maybe."

"It's worth a shot," Cole replied, then rushed towards the girls. But not before looking back at Jay one last time and saying, "Stay here."

"Do I really have a choice?" Jay asked, reminding him that he was stuck to the seat and literally couldn't get out of it.

"Oh, right," Cole said, trying to keep himself from laughing as he joined the fight again. Jay simply rolled his eyes at Cole's little joke, although it was kinda funny, he wouldn't admit that to him.

The fight lasted a few more minutes, but thankfully, Seliel had a pair of Vengestone cuffs for Seth and Lloyd, Kai, and Zane all took care of Ultra Violet and Killow by knocking them out. Once the cuffs were on Seth, Jay was free to get out of the seat and move again. 

When the police finally arrived, they thanked and informed the Ninja that they would be keeping Seth in a maximum security cell, which they all agreed on. Then Nya took Jay aside to talk to him privately.

"I'm so happy you're okay!" Nya cried as she pulled Jay into a tight embrace once they were far enough away from everyone else. After her worry for him was over, the anger took over and she gently but firmly hit him on the head. "Why didn't you want for us?!? Why didn't you ask me to come along?!? I could have helped you or at the very least keep you from being kidnapped!"

Jay waited until she was done yelling at him before replying. He hated seeing Nya so upset with him, but he was doing what he thought he had to do. And he knew Nya would have done the same if she were in his shoes.

"I'm sorry Nya, but I thought I had to go to Mystic alone," he said, hoping he wasn't sparking any more anger she had left. "I didn't want to leave without you. I just thought I had to figure out the last part on my own."

The anger that Nya has been feeling melted away as Jay looked her in the eyes. She wanted to be angry with him for leaving her, Cole, and Seliel behind, but now she just couldn't. So instead, she pulled him into another tight embrace.

"I understand, Jay. But you don't have to do this alone." Nya told him. "We're a team, and a team doesn't have any secrets."

"I know, and I'm sorry. From now on, no more going off alone." Jay promised her, then smiled at her.

She returned his smile. Then she looked at the other and looked back at Jay. "Do you want them to come too or do you want it to be the four of us again?"

"No, I think it's time we told them what we've been up to. Like you said, a team has no secrets." Jay told her, causing Nya's smile to widen.

"Good, and just so you know, we only told them that you were in danger, we didn't tell them anything about what we were up to."

"Thanks Nya, you're the best." he told her, then turned to the others. "I think it's time we get this show on the road."

"Come on guys, it's finally time to put an end to this mystery once and for all," Nya yelled to the others as they all summoned their dragons and headed for Mystic.