17 - Quinn's POV - Ooops....

***Q***

  “Vinnie, I thought you said that these potions shouldn’t take you more than a day!” Quinn growled, growing more and more frustrated with not knowing where Dew was and if she was okay.

  “They should have, and they would have, if somebody hadn’t messed it all up!” Vinnie growled back and Quinn averted his eyes. “If you hadn’t gone and ruined all my Wolfsbane, then it would be done by now!”

  “Well how am I supposed to tell the difference between them?! The two look exactly the same!”

  “NO THEY DON’T!! Wolfsbane looks nothing like Monkshood! (Both plants to the side -->) I gave you a simple task. Put the Monkshood in the water. And what do you do?” She asks sarcastically. “You tip all my Wolfsbane in the water, ruining it!” she yelled at him. “Now I have to go to the Werewolves and ask for more! Do you know how embarrassing that is?” Quinn shook his head. “Very!” she shouted. She took a breath. “Okay, I’m flying to the Werewolves because that's the most direct way. When I come back, the mind potion will be ready to use as soon as I add it, and the teleporting potion will be ready when I put in the Wolfsbane and soaked Monkshood.” She looked at Quinn. “Understand?”

  “Yes, Vinnie,” he replied sullenly, feeling three inches tall. “But I just don’t get one thing...” He started. Vinnie raised her brows. “Why do the Werewolves have the Wolfsbane?”

  Vinnie sighed again and rubbed her temples. “The Werewolves have the Wolfsbane because that is the only plant capable of destroying the whole race,” Vinnie explained, but by Quinn's face, he still didn’t understand. “Wolfsbane can take away a Werewolves power, rendering them all completely human and weak.”

  “Well why don’t they just destroy it all then?”

  “Because Witches need it for potions and it has many healing properties. So instead they hoard it and grow it themselves and sell it to Witches only, and only them that they know.” Vinnie went behind a screen but kept talking to Quinn. “This basement is in Scotland, so I can shift into a bird and fly to the pack closest to here. I shouldn’t be long.”

  “Wait, did you say shift?” Quinn asked, bewildered.

  “Yeah, shift. It’s my power. I can shift into animals at will,” she said. “Now, be a dear and put that pack on me when I’m a bird? Thank you.” And before Quinn could answer, a soft glow was coming from behind the screen and before long, a large eagle was hopping from behind it. It was huge!”

  “Vinnie?” Quinn asked. The bird nodded and then looked at the pack in his hands. Quinn quickly strapped it to her back, seeing that it was specially made for her. The bird – uh, Vinnie – hopped over to a lever on the wall and pulled it down with her beak. A large number of stones towards the top of the wall shifted and rearranged themselves to create a big enough hole in the wall for Vinnie to fly through. She nodded at Quinn and launched herself through the hole, her wingspan breath taking. One of her wings would be the same arm span of Quinn's arms spread out, tip to tip. And that was only one!

  Quinn settled down of one of the stools and watched the stones go back to their original state. And there Quinn waited.

***

  The sound of stones grinding against each other woke Quinn up from his slumber to see Vinnie swoop back into her lab and land behind her screen. A soft glow once again came from behind it as Vinnie changed back.

  Quinn shook his head to wake up a bit more. “How did it go?” Quinn asked around a yawn.

  “Well, I got the Wolfsbane, which I guess is good, but I just hate how cocky Werewolves are!” Vinnie said, exasperated.

  “What did they do?”

  “Oh they only made me wait for two hours in the freezing cold while they ‘checked that they had any in stock’. Ha! They always have Wolfsbane in stock,” Vinnie huffed while coming back from behind the screen, “but would they give it to me straight away? NO! Instead they only gave me it when I told them that we had to use it because Dew was in danger. Then they had it in my hands in five minutes with profound apologies.”

  “Why did they give it to you so quickly when you mentioned Dew?” Quinn asked.

  “Well that would be because the Alfa has a soft spot for her, even after they broke up,” Vinnie said while sprinkling the pale purple Wolfsbane in the potion and stirring it.

  “They were together?” Quinn could feel jealousy rising up in him. Dew was with a flea infested mutt when she could have been with him?

  “Yeah, about fifty years ago. She and Alasdair were together for nearly twenty-two years; one of Dew’s only long-term relationship, actually.” Vinnie poured the brew into a tall glass and turned to Quinn. She quickly took in his emotions from his face. “Oh don’t be so sullen. Dew broke it off; and for good reason! The fur ball cheated on her with a wolf girl from his pack in Dew’s own bed, and she walked in on them! She broke it off immediately, and burned it. The bed, that is, along with all his things he left and the relationship itself. But even so, Alasdair still pines after her. He deserved it though, and it was his own fault.” She handed him the glass with the murky, green liquid inside. “Drink up then.”

  “What is it meant to do again?” He asked looking doubtfully at the potion.

  “It will open your mind to Dew so you will be linked to her.” Vinnie looked at the glass again and back at his face. “Well come on, then! Drink it!”

  Quinn rolled his eyes and downed the drink, coughing at the horrendous taste. Vinnie swiped the glass from his hand and sat him down again. “You didn’t tell me it would taste so bad!” he choked out.

  “What did you expect, Pumpkin Juice?!" Vinnie snickered at her own hilarity of quoting Harry Potter whilst making potions. "It was better if you didn’t know and just got it over with,” she said and gave him some mint leaves to chew on. He accepted them and put them whole in his mouth.

  “So when is this going to take affect?” Quinn asked after the rancid taste left his mouth.

  “Probably tonight and you’ll dream of her, but they won’t be dreams, they’ll be visions of what’s going on in her head.” He nodded his understanding. “Go on up and try to get some sleep anyway.”

  Quinn did and when he was in bed, he couldn’t wait to see Dew, even if it was indirect.