29 - Don't Blink

Hi.... i don't know how many people will still be bothered to read this, so i'm sorry that its been so long. Its just hard to carry on writing a book when it isn't liked like some of my other books. This is actually my favorite story i've written, so it pains me to put it on the back burner.

  Well, if you have been bothered to read it, thank you :) I'm going to try to finish this, and if its not for my 'fans', then at least its for me.

Remember to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

ENJOY

**********

***D ***

***D ***

My eyes fluttered open but it felt like a tone of sand had been dumped into my eyes and concrete was holding my eyelids down. Sharp blue eyes met mine. "Ada?" I croaked and the old Russian woman smiled down at me.

"Its about time, внучка, for you to wake up. We've all been worried about you," she said in her thick accent that radiated Grandmotherly love. I glanced around the room to find myself in my bed at Vinnie's house with Vinnie, Marc and Quinn around my bed.

"Oh God, Dew," Vinnie burst and flung herself onto me. I was stunned by her sudden reaction but soon hugged her back. "Dew, I'm so unbelievably sorry! I never knew, I swear!" she blubbered. Marc soon took her from me when I found that I didn't have the strength to lift her off myself.

"What has happened?" I rasped and coughed. I felt like I hadn't used my throat for years. Silently, Quinn handed me a glass full of think dark liquid. I gulped it down, relishing the feel of the smooth substance down my throat, soothing the ache. I repeated the questions as Quinn took the glass from me and sat down on the bed beside me.

"Well what happened, Dew," he started, "is very complicated." Quinn then went on to explain all that I had missed, down to all the details, missing nothing out. How they found that I was gone and in the Daemon realm, how they made a potion so that Quinn could find me and how he arrived moments after I had completed the receding act, how he couldn't get me to wake up. He emphasised how worried they all had been about me. "But what happened to you? What made you do it?" he finally asked when I had been filled in.

I swallowed. It all seemed so stupid now how I fell for Eric's lies. "I went alone to my apartment in London, knowing that he'd come and find me. I had every intention of killing him and being back here for breakfast, but he told me that he had you, Quinn," I said and looked into his stormy grey eyes. "You had stormed out, and he told me that he had taken you to the Daemon realm and so the only way to get you back was to go with him... so I did. I didn't question him, I couldn't risk it. I thought that he would want me to be some sort of corpse bride, but then I realised he wanted to take my power. He had been stifling my power, but as Vinnie well knows I am immune to most of them. Therefore I could sneak around and find the truth. In fact, someone had leaded him to me. A woman. I found her voice familiar but couldn't pinpoint it." Quinn stared at me. "By then I had realised that you weren't there and I decided to perform the receding act. I didn't see another way... Because I've now realised what I should have seen long ago," I admitted softly and saw a thousand storm calm in Quinn's eyes as he started to smile softly. The bastard knew what I was going say, but for once, I was happy about it, and it didn't annoy me. "Quinn, I realise now that a life without the ones I love is no life at all... and that includes you."