13 - Dew's POV - Eric

My apartment looked barren. I hadn’t noticed how little it reflected of me. I had just bought the apartment because.... well, just because. Because I could afford it. Because maybe then my parents would see me not as an unwanted daughter who had fled Vampyre society, worked beside humans, disgraced their line and hated the heir to the throne openly. Maybe if I had a nice apartment at a nice place, they would see me as the successful, independent Vampyre who was able to do everything without their help. Strange how things never turn out like you’d think. Another part of my life that had fallen flat, it seemed.

  I sat on the sofa and tried to look pitiful for when Eric came. It wasn’t hard, because I knew that Eric would come.

  My plan was simple. Lure Eric to think that I had finally given into him and that I would willingly go to the Daemon realm with him. I would play the part until I saw an opportunity to use Vinnie’s blade that was tucked nicely into my knee high boots, kill the mother-fucker and be back in time for breakfast. Easy, simple. 

  I had waited twenty minutes when the front door opened. I didn’t turn towards it because I knew who it was. I stayed still, looking out of the window. A hand rested on the back of my neck. “So I presume that you’ve decided to see the light, my dear?” The hand started to massage my neck and I had to hold in a shudder.

  “I suppose that’s one way to put it,” I forced out in what I hoped was a voice that didn’t give away my strain.

  “I am so pleased to hear that,” he purred. Purred! God, the man was disgusting. Well, he wasn’t even a man to begin with. “So you shall come with me willingly, my dear Dew?” he asked.

  “Will you stop the killings?” I answered. The massage faltered for a second and then resumed again.

  “It was the deal, my dear, and I always stick to my deals.” At least one thing good came out of this... and it was about to be two. I just had to get into the right position and I could kill him.

  “Then I am coming with you. Willingly,” I said.

  “Good,” he whispered against the back of my neck just before I felt his disgusting lips against it. I squeezed my eyes shut and counted to ten. “But I don’t trust you, dear, to not do anything funny like... try to kill me.” My eyes flew open to find Eric crouched in front of me. “So I took the liberty to get insurance. A safety net of sorts, to make sure you didn’t try anything.”

  “What did you do” I croaked out and tried to keep calm. It didn’t help that he was now grinning at me like a cat that ate the canary.

  “Oh it was just too easy to catch your little boy toy. One hit in the right place and he went down like a stone!”

  I gasped. “I’m going for a walk,” he said and slammed the door. A few seconds after I heard the front door slam too. “Quinn!” I whispered. “What did you do to him!” I cried.

  “Don’t worry, my dear, he’s safe... for now. He’s waiting in my dungeon in the Daemon realm. Go with me without trying anything, and I’ll let him go. Probably,” he gleefully added.

  I hung my head. The decision was simple. “Okay, I’ll go,” I quietly said. Eric laughed and grabbed my arm, pulling me to the door. Looks like I wasn’t going to get back in time for breakfast.

  Eric dragged me out of the building and started to lead me down streets, going deeper into London’s more sinister side. Oh, why did I think I could do this on my own?

  We neared a rundown club in a side street. Emo-looking humans were outside, smoking drinking... taking drugs. Then I realised that it wasn’t just humans. There were Vampyres too. Vampyres who were treating the humans like cattle. Some even had what looked like a brand on their wrists, neck, shoulders. The inside was even worse. Vampyres feeding openly on the dance floor, seducing unsuspecting humans. There were also some doing less... PG rated things. I adverted my eyes. How could a place like this have kept under our radar for so long? Bars and piercings in mouths, tongues, eyebrows, everywhere glinted in the lights and made me feel queasy. (THIS IS NOT A JIVE AT PEOPLE WHO HAVE THESE THINGS!!! Just saying :) )

  Thankfully, Eric led me out of the dance room, through a door and down some concrete steps. We arrived in what I assumed was the basement of the club. There was a very tall, very intimidating man there who I identified as a Daemon from the stench coming off of him. Eric didn’t seem so bad next to this guy, but that was only because he was powerful, and that defiantly was bad.

  Eric nodded to the man who nodded back and turned to the concrete wall behind him. He waved his hand in front of it and it shimmered, revealing a portal, a tear in the fabric between the Daemon and Human world. How did this stay unknown to us?! It was a portal, in the middle of London, underneath an illegal Vampyre club! This was not possible!

  But clearly it was, because Eric wrapped his hands around both my arms in a vice likegrip and pushed me into the swirling portal.