4 - Dew's POV - Facing Reality

“Dew, this has gone too far,” my sister said as she charged into my room. “You have been in here for four days and that's long enough.”

I groaned and rolled over, burying my face in the pillow as she tore open the curtains, letting the midday light stream in. It wasn't true that Vampyres turned to dust in the sun, it was just a rumour we created so the real Vampyres would not be caught.

“Go away, Vinnie, and let me be.”

“No. You and I are going out for lunch.” She declared. “You have one hour to get ready, then I’m sending Pertunia in,” She threatened, then, thankfully, left. I sighed and got out of bed. I really did not feel like being forced into a dress by our housekeeper, Pertunia. She had been with us for as long as I can remember, and is a Vampyre too, though a low-ranking one, and would never take no for an answer. If you refused to get into a dress, she’d force you into it. If you wouldn’t get out of bed, she’d throw ice-cold water onto you until you did.

I stumbled into the bathroom and turned on the shower, staring at my reflection in the mirror as it heated. I looked awful. I had dark circles under my eyes and my hair was limp, all because of a certain male Vampyre. Damn him! I smashed my fist into the stone sink. Thankfully, it didn’t smash. I sighed and buried my face in my hands. I had promised myself that I wouldn’t fall for his shit again, and the first time I see him, the promise is already broken. What was it about him that made me act like this? I had fallen for everything that he had said. The soulmate principle; how he had ‘changed’; that we were meant to be together; all of the lies he had spewed.

I sighed and went into the shower. All I had to do was get through a lunch with my sister here, and then I’d be off; back to my penthouse in London. I do have a nightclub to run, and, well, life most certainly marches on.