Chapter thirteen

"In that case.... papa, I am sure you have seen what a mess dad has become. Please come back to us, I do not know how you will, but please come back to us," Mattie looked around sad. I am trying !!! I miss your dad and all of you! I want to go back home, but I do not know how. "From what I understand, he is on a good track to coming back and stopping this loop...he just needs to realize one small piece of the puzzle," the lady lifted her finger. I knew that was the only thing missing, but I have no idea what I did wrong.

"So once he finds the answers, he just suddenly appears here? What about the months he has missed out on?" Alfred asked worriedly. "That has never happened before, so we will see," she shrugged. I began to become angry as I ran over to the screen. "Please!!! Let me talk to my boys!!"  I cried. I started to bang against the screen when something odd happened. I had knocked something over in their time. All three of them looked towards the broken vase, shocked. "Oh no! A ghost!" Alfred said, scared.

"Francis? What an interesting surprise...who knew you would be able to do this," the lady looked at the vase as Matthew did not know how to comprehend any of this. I looked around and knocked something else over. This time, Matthew stood up quickly. "Papa, you need to break the cycle, drop two things for yes and one thing for no if you understand," Matthew said. I immediately dropped some more things on the floor. "Hey! Don't let him trash my place," the lady said, annoyed. "Do you understand what is going on?" Alfred asked. I dropped another two things.

The boys looked relieved yet sad. "Should we tell dad?" Matthew asked sadly. That was a bad idea; it would make his condition worse. I threw one figurine on the floor, and they seemed to understand where I was coming from with all of this. "I understand....at least we figured out what happened to you, please try your best to come home, to break this terrible loop you seem to be in, "Matthew said sadly. I was going to break it! I just had to for my family and dear husband. I promise I will not leave them behind.

"It is up to you, Francis, to figure out that one last piece of the puzzle. That is why your husband was so mad at you. Maybe he realized something you did not? Perhaps, he realized it a long time ago?" She said. The boys looked at her confused as my vision started to turn everything black. I did not fight or scream against it this time because I knew exactly what she meant. I woke up looking around the dorm room. Arthur was asleep, and it was late at night. "Arthur?" I called, and there was no response.

I sat up from my bed, and I realized what was wrong with him. He had realized that I was me but from another time. He wanted more kids with me but knew he couldn't because he learned about the loop long ago. But how? That does not make any sense. I looked over to Arthur, who was sleeping peacefully. He must have realized it during this time; what if I was talking in my sleep when I was unconscious? I need to ask him. "ARTHUR!!!" I shouted. I jumped onto his bed, and he looked at me, terrified.

"What!!?? What are you doing?!! It is four in the morning!!!" He tried to push me away, but I did not let him. "When I am unconscious...do I talk?" I asked, concerned. His eyes widened, and I stared at him seriously. "What?....sometimes...but is just nonsense," he said, worried. That was it; he thought it was nonsense...until he realized it was not nonsense in the future. "You mumble names sometimes...mine, and some guys named Alfred and Matthew," he said, trying to get away from me. This was it!! This was the piece that was missing.

"That is it!!!! Thank you!!" I said, nearly crying. "For what? Can you just get off of me already!" He asked, wiggling around. "One second," I laughed. I kissed him on his lips softly and separated after a few seconds. "Wha!!!! Why did you kiss me?" He asked, shocked. "Because! Arthur! I love you, and someday I want to grow old with you and have two sons named Alfred and Matthew," I said seriously. His face turned red, and he opened his mouth, shocked. "What on earth are you talking about?" He asked, shocked.

Arthur finally pushed me away as I stared at him seriously. "Arthur, I know you feel the same, but you do not need to answer," I smiled. I had finally figured out the piece I was missing, but something was odd; nothing changed, I was still in the past, and I might have just kissed younger Arthur for no reason. I needed to talk to Gilbert and Antonio; they might know how to help me figure this out. I looked to Arthur, who was still red; he was trying to process everything that had just happened.

"I will be back soon," I told Arthur. I stood up from the floor and dusted myself off. I was so close to being back with my family, and I could not just leave them hanging. My dear boys are counting on me to fix this mess. I walked over to the dorm room door and opened it slowly to catch my breath. I was having shortness of breath for some reason. Hopefully, my admitting my feelings early did not affect the future timeline incorrectly. I want to make sure I go back home and nothing changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far ❤️