Chapter two

Once Antonio helped set everything up for me, I was called in to see the lady. "Hello, my name is Emma," the lady was young and had a heavy Belgian accent. "Hi..." was all I could say. "Don't be afraid! Take a seat," I nodded at her and sat down slowly. I think I was starting to regret this. "So tell me, what do you want to know?" She started. "Well, my husband and I have been fighting a lot lately; I just want to know how I could revive our relationship...or what would happen....if I don't," I started. "I see...let me see your hand."

I gave her my hand slowly, and she started to read my palm. Her eyes were closed as she nodded every once in a while. "Francis..."
"Wait...how did you know my name? Antonio or I never told you.."
"You left your work badges on...." I looked away, feeling stupid as she continued to talk. "What you need, is to dig deep. Figure out why you loved Arthur or why he loved you,"
"Wait...I never-." I cut myself off, seeing her smirk. She was scary.

"That is what Gilbert told me, but what if it doesn't work?" I asked. "There is a missing piece in your relationship that Arthur wants...he is longing for, he won't say what it is, and wants you to confront him about it. His annoyance and anger towards you are caused by the frustration of you not knowing. Stop asking him what is wrong and figure it out." She looked at me annoyed, and I nodded slowly. Wow...this is good so far. "How am I supposed to figure it out? Can't you tell me what piece is missing? What does he want?" I asked.

She shook her head at me and smiled. "I can not do that... I just don't want you to cheat. But I can help you figure it out just a little bit," she smiled. She reached under the desk and showed me what looked like chocolate. "Want some? It is good; you won't regret it," she smiled. I nodded at her offer, slowly grabbing the candy. She did not speak until I ate the chocolate piece whole. "That was really gross...I don't like dark chocolate," I said seriously. However, she just started to laugh at me. "I know..." she smirked evilly. God, she was ruthless.

"I will offer you a hint...or a riddle," she smiled. I nodded at her, and she opened her mouth. "What has hands but does not clap?" She smiled at me as I looked at her, confused. "Here's another one to add that I can be blind, powerful, difficult, deep, complicated, and tender at the same time. What am I?" She smiled again

"I think you need some rest; thank you for seeing me; I love seeing new faces," she smiled. I nodded slowly, standing up. That riddle...what does it mean? I can't ask the guys because I can't discuss anything that happened....so I have to figure it out myself. "Hey...I am done," I looked to them, who sat there smiling.

"Amazing, right?" Antonio cheered, and I nodded. "It really was; listen, I should be getting back home soon, so we should leave already," I smiled. "Yes!!! Let's leave!!" Gilbert grabbed us and ran out of the building. "So I know you can not tell me what happened in there, but did you figure out what exactly was wrong?" Antonio asked. I stayed silent until I entered and sat in the car. They stared at me as I sat in the back seat, shrugging. "Well, let's say it will help me a lot."

I laughed nervously, but all they did was shrug. What has hands but does not clap? And I can be blind; I can be powerful; I can be difficult, deep, complicated, and tender simultaneously. What am I? "Hey, Antonio...what if I look up something that deals with the fortune teller?" I asked, and he shook his head. "You have to put the pieces together. It is so that you learn lessons from the visit. If you look it up, did you really learn anything?" He asked. "Well...I guess I would not have," I answered with a nod. "All the talk makes me get the chills; maybe you just need to sleep on it."

I looked to Gilbert, who said the same thing as the lady. "Yes, I suppose I do need some sleep" I smiled. What if the answer was going to be in my sleep? Antonio started the car, and I stayed silent for the ride to his house. I needed to pick up my car before going home. "Here we are. Are you sure you wanted to leave so soon, Francis?" Antonio asked, and I nodded my head. "Yes, I am getting fatigued anyway, and I do not want Arthur to worry about me staying out so late; I would not want him to get even madder."

I laughed a bit nervously as they all agreed with me. I stepped out of the car and walked toward mine. "See you later, Francis!" Gilbert called. I waved both of them off and sat in the car. "Time to go home," I said to myself. The drive to my house was long as I continued to think about the fortune teller. "Just relax a bit, Francis; all you need is ...sleep.."

Once I arrived home, I saw that my note was gone. Meaning Arthur saw it. Walking upstairs, I felt myself grow more tired and tired. "I am home," I said softly. I looked into our bedroom and saw Arthur was asleep sitting up. He was reading a book that was left on his lap. "You waited as much as you could," I smiled. Seeing that he tried to stay awake to wait for me pulled my heart strings. He still cares. I walked over to him and took the book, placing it closed on the nightstand.

"What on earth am I going to do with you?" I laughed. Being careful not to wake him, I slowly placed him inside the covers, helping him to bed. "I love you," I smiled, Kissing his cheek. I quickly undressed and lay in bed beside him. Falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far ❤️