Chapter 23

Skyarlette’s P.O.V.

My body froze in those few seconds that lips made contact with mine. I totally blanked out and couldn’t formulate anything at the time. When I felt the lips remove themselves, I was still in a state of shock. Only after a few moments did I peel my eyes open to find that there was nobody hovering over me and the door to my room was ajar. Blinking my eyes, I tried my best to assess what just happened.

To be honest, I had no valid proof that anyone had entered my room asides from the tingling sensation that overtook my lips. Shaking my head to rid of the thoughts, I went back to my list, passing off the occurrence as a hallucination. As I continued to write down various items that I would need for my excursion, I couldn’t help but think to myself that I knew who that voice belonged to....

~~~~~~~~

“Yes mom, we’ll be sure to call once we reach.” I informed her as I gave her a one handed squeeze due to my other hand being occupied with bags.

“You’ve got you need? You toothbrush, your medication and did you bring along a few pa-,”

“Yes mom, I’ve got it all,” I said.

“No need to double check.” I muttered as a rosy blush blossomed across my cheeks. Meanwhile, mom was oblivious to my reaction and continued to pester me about a few more things.

Dad finally had to peel her away from me before waving to us as I climbed into the car. It seems as though they put away my bags while I was talking to mom, so I opened the passenger seat and hopped in. Putting my seat belt on, I dropped my bag onto the ground and ran a hand through my hair. I was waiting patiently for everyone to finish up their so-longs as I leaned my chair back a bit. The trip was suspected to be a good eight to nine hour drive so I might as well get comfortable.

The doors opened one at a time as everyone got it and I watched them come. My attention was drawn from behind me when Justin opened the drivers’ seat and slipped in. I groaned and whined,

“Of course you have to be the one to drive a nine hour trip because I’m in shot gun.” I mumbled angrily while crossing my hands over my chest.

“Yep. And if you’re lucky it’ll be fun,” He responded with a wink.

I fake gagged and rolled my eyeballs to the back of my head to emphasize how much I liked that idea. After doing up his seat belt, he rolled down the window and bid everyone a final wave before looking in the rear-view mirror and backing out. Keeping his eyes trained on the road, he pulled out his phone and threw it onto my lap. Shifting my attention from the world outside to my lap, I looked at him questionably.

“Go into the notes app,” he started. Despite the confusion my gaze held, I still followed the instructions none the less.

But as I slid the unlock bar on his iPhone, the keyboard came up which meant that I’d have to put in his password. I smiled evilly internally before clearing my throat and asking him,

“What’s your passcode?”

He darted his eyes at me, then back to the road and answered without a thought,

“Beliebers4ever”

I tried to hold in the snort that was threatening to over take me, but by the time I was in his home screen my body betrayed me and out it came. I went into the notes like I was asked to and acted like I didn’t just let out a humongous snort for no apparent reason. My eyes flitted through the opening lines of some of the notes and found nothing that I could really tease him about.