Chapter 6

Shane's Pov
(Time skip to night time)

It was now night time and I was sitting down by the fire with Candy in my lap. I wasn't listening to the others as I just concentrated on my sweet little Candy.

I heard Amy was going to the toilet but just wave her off and tightened my arms around Candy's stomach until I heard an ear piercing scream. I looked over to see Amy booting away a walker. I quickly get up and set Candy down to grab my gun. I turn around to see Candy which causes me panic as I start shooting all walkers and saving the children.

Candy's Pov:

When Pa-Shane put me down I quickly scramble into the forest, only to look back and see a walker behind me. I continues to run but like any typical movie, I fell over my laces.

I was quickly flipped over to see the walker on top of me straddling my waist as they lean closer to me. I whimper as I close my eyes tightly when I felt something wet slide from my collar bone up my neck reaching my jaw. That was it, I opened my mouth and screamed so loud that my throat started to hurt.

I heard shouting and calls of my name coming towards me then the walker was kicked off me. I felt arms wrap around me and slowly looked up to see Ricky. I start to sob as I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, digging my head into the crook of his neck.

"Hey baby girl, it's alright but we have to check you for any bites is that alright" Ricky cooed into my ear. I slowly nodded and got down. I felt many army's start to touch and move my limbs around checking me for bites. I heard everyone sigh in relief as they didn't find any.

I close my eyes as I sniffle from all the crying as I find myself sitting in Carol's lap as Sofia sat next tho me holding my hand. Everyone was quiet, probably scarecrow what happened.

"Hey baby want to go to sleep, Sophie and Carl are going to sleep in the RV, and don't worry everyone will be there soon" Carol whispered. I nodded as I got up with Sophie holding my hand and walked over to Carl. Everyone Watching us as we do. I reach my hand out to Carl and he takes it and gets up.

I slowly trail to the RV and enter feeling everyones stare on me. I feel Carl tug me to the couch, as Carl lays down Sophie lays next to him. I realised that there was no room so I go to walk off until I feel arms grab my hips and slam me against a body. I look up from my laying position and see Carl, he smiles and strokes my hair as I rest my head on his chest.

"Go to sleep princess" Carl whispers to me as he strokes my hair and plays with it. This slowly lulls me to sleep as I snuggle into the wamth of Carl and Sophie. I loose feeling of everything as I fall asleep.