11.58 p.m.

Serena remembered her first jealousy, leading to her heartbreak. When she was 14, she remembered it clearly like it was just yesterday. It was Blair’s 15th birthday party, Serena had use her best dress and bought the perfect gift for Blair. She planned to give it on midnight, when every one else will be gone and just the two of them left.

11:58 p.m.

Serena walked up to Blair’s room. When she was just about to open it, she heard Blair talking, with Nate. Serena decided to see what they were doing, what she saw next surprised her. Nate was kneeling on one knee as he held a ring in front of Blair. “Blair, I know that we are still young. But I knew it from the first time that you are the one for me. Will you be my girlfriend? My mom told me to give you this ring to show my loyalty to you, please keep this ring until the day we are married.” Nate asked Blair wholeheartedly. In that moment, Blair’s expression was obscure, but then she smiled, then said, “Of course I will be your girl friend Nate, I like you.” Then Nate stood up, and pulled Blair into a kiss. What Serena felt when she was staring at them crushed her to her bone. She felt that she was trapped and the air was suffocating her. Her chest felt so heavy, and she thought she was having panic attack. On the other side she felt that something was taken from her, she was so angry and so desperate but she did not know what was lost. So Serena decided to go home and stay at her room. In her head she was replaying that scene over and over again, suddenly she felt her cheek was hot, her tears had flow through her cheek endlessly. After some times, Serena realized, what she felt was not panic attack, it was jealousy, and broken heart.