✧ Chapter 17 ✧

(Y/n) = Your name
(S/n) = Surname / last name
(E/c) = Eye colour
(S/c) = Skin colour / skin tone
(H/c) = Hair colour
(H/l) = Hair length

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

"So..." Kakyoin cooed as he approached his newest school friend, ignoring the whispers and squeals of delight from women passing by in the corridors. "You and (Y/n), huh?"

It had not even been a week since school started, and Kakyoin had already brought up the pairing he desperately wanted to ship together. He'd mentioned it countless times to his childhood friend, but never once to Jotaro. His stoic companion raised a brow, slightly amused by Kakyoin's random mention of (Y/n), silently urging him to continue.

"It's obvious you two like each other." He pressed matter-of-factly. "What do you mean?" Kakyoin paused, then sighed defeatedly at the sheer obliviousness once he realised that his friend was being serious. But he was quick to recollect himself soon after so he could elaborate. "Like.. As in love. You two love each other, right?"

Jotaro instantly began to cough on nothing but air, the shock of Kakyoin's nonchalant observation being enough to leave him momentarily speechless. "Where'd you get that idea?" He pat his chest to try and clear up his lungs, his eyes landing on the red-head to focus completely on whatever else he had to say next.

"I see the way you look at her." Beyond satisfied with the reaction he'd received, he felt confident enough to embarrass him more until he eventually fessed up. "I watched you two exchange keyrings after the aquarium. Walking her home at night, visiting her in the cafe.." He rambled on, using dramatic hand gestures to emphasise his points. "And you're happy to be around her at any time, no matter what. You barely want to hang out with me, and I'm the closest thing you have to a best friend besides her. Is that enough evidence?"

Jotaro let out a quiet huff, taking in everything that was being laid out plain and simple for him. While Kakyoin was present for some of the few times he'd walked her home, he shouldn't have known about him visiting her at work unless she'd mentioned it to him. This point raised a lot of questions in his mind, and he began to get lost in his thoughts as they walked to their next class.

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying that if you like her so much, you should do something about it before another guy comes along and does it before you even get the chance." He smirked softly to himself as Jotaro tensed up at the thought. He knew the idea of another guy dating her instead would affect him, but he didn't expect him to almost stop in the middle of the hallway while it was still packed with other students.

"...how?"
He finally confessed it.

Unable to contain his excitement, Kakyoin could barely respond, grinning wider than he'd ever grinned before. "I.. You.." He started each sentence, then scrapped it, only to restart it and splutter out something else he didn't want to say. He breathed in a deep breath before finally answering back. "We'll tell (Y/n) we're busy today, and set up some foolproof plans at the coffee shop."

Jotaro nodded timidly, thoughts of the (h/c)-haired girl consuming him the more he thought about the possibility of them dating. He'd never considered asking anybody out before this, and was wholeheartedly set on taking Kakyoin's advice for once. The thoughts of him losing her as a friend in the process was too much for him to even think about, so it had to be perfect..

Two reasonable but completely false excuses later, and the pair were seated in the back of a coffee shop they rarely visited. "Is that really necessary?" Jotaro deadpanned at the fact that his associate wore a set of sunglasses that he bought in the newsagent along the way. If it weren't for his unique hair, outfit and build, it could have served at least some purpose..

"Of course it is." He hoisted his bag onto the cushioned couch-like booth he sat at, scrambling through his books to find a reporters notebook and pen. He flipped it open with a audible whoosh, flipping past important class notes and not-so-important grocery lists that he would usually use the notebook for, up until he found an empty page to scribble their brainstorming ideas onto.

"Now, let's get down to business.."

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~