✧ Chapter 16 ✧

(Y/n) = Your name
(S/n) = Surname / last name
(E/c) = Eye colour
(S/c) = Skin colour / skin tone
(H/c) = Hair colour
(H/l) = Hair length

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

'Back to school.'
The words every teenager loathes with a burning passion.

We were suddenly forced from the glorified summers back into our old clockwork routines, getting up much earlier than we should, dressing accordingly, attending classes, studying, and all that stuff that I (hated/liked/disliked) doing.

As per usual, I completed my everyday morning routine alone, seeing as my mom had left for work just hours before. After making myself (quick breakfast meal such as cereal or toast), I grabbed ahold of the strap of my book-filled bag and hauled it over my shoulder with an audibly sustained sigh. And now to make that dreaded trek to school in the cold..

I opened the door with a complete lack of motivation, walking straight through the doorway with my head directed towards the stone pavement that led to my house's front entrance. I was so oblivious of my surroundings that I didn't even notice the blocked view of the sunlight until I bumped into said object casting the shadow. "Huh..?" I took a step back, and to my surprise, there stood the two giant silhouettes of my closest friends.

"Cmon, or we're going to be late." Kakyoin nodded his head in the direction of our schools, a smile etched across his face. "B-but we go to different schools! You'll be late walking me there!" I pouted softly, pointing out the fact that my all-girls school was at a much closer distance, so I could afford the ten extra minutes while they couldn't.

"Who cares?" Jotaro muttered, putting out the ends of his last cigarette under his shoe, only to retrieve another that had been stowed away in his coat pocket. "What he said." Kakyoin agreed with a soft shrug, his usual cheery smile creeping up onto his face and urging me to smile back in return. "Then I'll try to be earlier in the future." I laughed bashfully, thankful that they decided to accompany me to my school, even if it cost them being late on our first day back.

As soon as we showed up outside my school's front gates, I bid them a farewell, and was soon bombarded with questions from fellow onlooking students that caught a glimpse of me hanging out with 'two hot guys'. Typical.

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

The hours rolled by slower than expected, with the usual teachers returning to lecture us about being formal, punctual, and most of all, approachable. First years were scattered around the halls like flies in a trash heap, scurrying about to search for their classes and find their new locker spaces. So we had to be welcoming and accommodate them with a welcoming smile, just like our predecessors..

I groaned as a first year ran straight past me on their way out the gates of the school, jumping into the car that had pulled up just outside. Her elbow had collided with mine harshly, causing some of my books to escape my grip and scatter across the ground before I had the chance to put them in my bag.

"Here." Jotaro suddenly appeared out of nowhere, Kakyoin trailing not too far behind. I let out a soft shriek at the sudden scare. They must have left class early to be here on time.. "Oh, um.. Thanks." I laughed lightly, accepting the books that he had retrieved for me.

I couldn't help but notice the amount of girls staring at the two hunks of muscle standing next to me like they were gods. I guess they've been deprived of this luxury for years seeing as it is an all girl's school after all..

"So, anything fun happen at school today?" Kakyoin attempted to break the ice as I packed away my belongings, pretending to act like an overbearing parent. Before I had the chance to place the straps of my bag over my shoulders, he was quick to snatch it out of my hands, throwing it effortlessly over his free shoulder. "Thanks.. And sure, if you count watching the first years running around like headless chickens." I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Jotaro smirked slightly, but remained silent as Kakyoin and I continued to talk amongst ourselves.

"So where are we going?" I inquired as I pointed in the direction of our houses, watching as both Kakyoin and Jotaro were turning off into another direction. "You coming with us to get coffee? I feel like we deserve it." Kakyoin laughed as I was quick to nod and follow close behind them. It had been an excruciatingly long day. "Only thing that could top today off would be getting served by my dear friend Mio.."

Thankfully, we skipped by that place. But not without waving as we passed by, teasing the narcissist as we walked by to visit the neighbouring cafe. "Wow, she looked pissed." Kakyoin observed with a light chuckle as he led the way over to an empty booth in the bustling place. Jotaro paid her no heed, and seeing us hanging out with him clearly struck a nerve with her. "Really? I didn't notice." We laughed.

Kakyoin sat directly opposite me, purposefully taking up the entirety of the seating area on the left, leaving Jotaro with no other option but to sit next to me. I scooted closer to the opposite edge of the booth by the window, allowing space for the both of us to sit side-by-side. "You know, we should go for coffee after school more often." Kakyoin laughed cheekily, arms resting comfortably behind his head. "Of course you would suggest that in our final year of school.. Don't you want to get into college?" I teased jokingly.

"I'll get in, just you watch!" He defensively argued with a small pout at my lack of certainty. "Not without my help, you won't." I stuck out my tongue playfully just as the waiter arrived to take our orders.

The place was fairly busy, but the sight of Jotaro clearly caught the attention of the nearby servers, so our drinks were whipped up in a matter of seconds. As we each enjoyed our beverages in silence, I let my mind wander, peering out the window to gape at the beautiful scenery that I would never become too familiar with. I smiled softly, hand resting underneath my chin to prop myself up, thoughts enveloped with picturesque memories of surfing and playing on the beach as a child.

"I wish someone would look at me the way (Y/n) looks at the ocean."

Kakyoin smirked as I abruptly snapped out of my thoughts, laughing at his self-deprecating joke. But Jotaro, who remained silent almost this entire time, had been lost in a world of his own until my captivated expression crossed his mind. He smiled softly, his expression hidden beneath his cap as he stared into his dark coffee cup.

"Me too." I nonchalantly quipped, unaware of the fact that two green and blue infused orbs were staring at me with that same amount of adoration as I had previously, only that they were shrouded by a circular shadow to hide their awe-filled glow..

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~