Chapter 2

“Okay, So like…How does that work?” Angelo had propped himself up on one of the counters. Aurick had left not too long ago. Alastor’s confession had been a shock of course, but Angel decided to stay anyway. Something told him that he wasn’t on the menu. 

“What’cha mean sha?” Alastor turned and opened one of the bags. Alastor seemed shocked when  Angelo told Aurick he was staying. A soft smile played on those tender lips. Angelo wanted so badly to kiss the brunette and tell him this was all okay. 

“Being a cannibal. Thought there were like, issues with being a cannibal. Can’t you get sick?” Angelo leaned back on his wrists as he watched Alastor take out the first limb. Alastor stripped away the fabric and dropped it to the floor. 

“Angelo,” Alastor cleared his throat. “The only thing you have to really be careful with, is the brain. So long as I dispose of that properly, the rest can be cut up and cooked like any other meat.” Angelo listened, of course, this was important, but he couldn’t help watching the other’s fingers. The way they held the knives, chopped all the bits smaller, into something more useful. Alastor was always so careful. Clean compared to Angelo’s reckless abandon.

Angelo bit his lip and chuckled softly to himself. “So what’s your favorite cut then?” Angelo wiggled under the others stare. Alastor’s hand hovered over a joint. His eyes glowing under the weak lighting. Angelo was absolutely not above jumping his love in a butcher shop. 

“Angelo…” A sigh and a laugh as Alastor wiped the bloody blade on his apron and switched it out for a more suitable clever. One meant for separating bone. “Well… Sha. That’s a hard question ta’ ask a man who likes his meats…” SNAP. 

Angel jumped and shivered at the same time. The fact that Alastor was so small, but had the sheer muscle power to snap a bone that easily, was impressive. He watched in awe as the other continued to tear muscle and tissue from bone. 

“I like a good  shoulder… tough meat, but tastes wonderful.” Alastor raised a brow. Seeming to ask if Angelo had caught onto his little game. Oh this sick bastard. Angelo shivered again and rolled his shoulders back. Alastor grinned and continued his work. SNAP. 

“Shank cuts make for a good stew.” SNAP. Alastor put aside the meat he had cut and pulled out another limb. “Shoulder has better taste in my opinion, but there tends to be more meat in the legs. Something I can really sink my teeth into.” Angelo squeezed his thighs together and rolled his eyes. Alastor laughed at Angelo’s flustered expression.

“Ribs are divine. Fine flavor, the meat just melts when cooked properly.” Alastor looked as if his mouth was watering. “A perfectly braised flank, nicely grilled loin...Should I stop darling? You look… uncomfortable” 

Angelo had crossed his legs and could tell he was turning a dark red. “N-nah. Don’ worry bout me babes. I am just ducky.” The blonde brought up a hand to cover his face as best as he could. 

“Very well…” Alastor continued on. Cutting and chopping. Switching knives, switching limbs. “Loin is nice as I said, but if I can get a good sirloin cut.” He paused and sighed. “Delectable, but… still not my favorite. No…” 

Alastor’s eyes raised from his work. Staring down the slender form of the blonde. Angel knew now, he was on A menu, just not the same menu as what was currently making a mess of the table. The hunger in Alastor’s eyes was something different entirely. It made him squirm. Alastor put down the knives and placed both his bloodied hands down, flat, on the table. 

“No, my favorite is rump… So many cuts coming from one part of the body. So much versatility, and flavor. Maybe that makes me similar to most other men, but there's just something about a nice cut of rump… If you know what I mean Angelo.”