Chapter 15

*Weekend*

Jennie's POV

"I'm here with Kim Jong-in." I told the waiter.

"Kim Jennie. Right this way." She told me, leading the way toward the back of the restaurant.

As she was navigating through the eating customers, I realized she was taking me away from the others.

"VIP?" I asked her in a whisper.

Why must you be so private Jong-in?

"He said he wants to be exclusive." the waiter answered back with a small wink.

I rolled my eyes secretly. I hope she knows that I have a well known girlfriend that can kick her ass if she winks at me like that again.

Speaking of well known, why did she assumed that we are dating?

She pulled the curtain back to reveal a candlelit table with a bottle of champagne in the middle along with a rose. No food was placed yet but this was elegant.

Wait, what am I talking about? THIS FUCKING BRUNCH NOT A ENGAGEMENT DINNER!

"Oh no, this is not me. I'm supposed to have brunch, not a engagement reveal dinner." I joked, chuckling a bit.

The waiter looked through her waiting list again to double check but she shook her head again.

"No ma'am. This is right. Have a good meal."

She bowed and walked away, leaving me alone in a dark room.

Rude..

"Kai?" I called out. I walked towards the table to admire it.

If things turns south, I'm inviting Lisa over to sit with me. This gave me an amazing idea for an anniversary dinner if she doesn't beat me to it.

"Hello Jennie." Kai called out from behind me.

I quickly turned around to finally find the man that I will be questioning this afternoon.

He was wearing plaid dress jacket with a white shirt underneath and dark jeans.

Well then..

"I'm sorry I am late, last minute arrangements."

I gave a side smile. "It's no bigger, I just got here a couple minutes ago."

He walked towards me and pulled my chair out for me to sit.

"Skip the formalities Kai. We are co-workers right?" I joked as I remembered our first talk in the elevator.

He chuckled. "We aren't in a work setting, right? We are friends."

"Friends doesn't pull chairs out for their other friends." I raised an eyebrow.

He sat down from across from me and did a simple clap.

All the curtains on the right side of me fell, revealing the ocean view from where we are sitting.

"Oh my god." I gasped, covering my face.

At this moment, I knew, this wasn't a regular brunch.

"You are probably wondering why everything is so luxurious.." He began.

I whipped my head away from the beautiful scenery to give Kai a stank face.

"Listen! The owner of this restaurant told me if I do a promo photo shoot for them, they will allow me to rent out this room for free along for the services. Isn't it great?" He explained.