Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.

Start from the beginning

Me on the cover of Vogue? That's huge! That's life changing in fact! I'm so happy.

"She said they want to talk about your marriage to Adam, your style, the things you have going on right now, your plans for the future. The basically just want to know who you are."

My smile drops and my anxiety starts kicking in.

"What is it?"

I sigh out loud. "Mum, I can't."

"Can't what?"

"Talk about all that."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know the answers. I don't know who I am or what my future plans are."

"Honey-"

"Yes, I know I'm turning twenty two and I'm supposed to but I don't! And believe me, it's a question that I ask myself every single time."

"Amelia, I know that you sometimes or all the time feel like your dad and I planned and chose everything for you and that's probably why you don't know who you are but it's quite the opposite actually."

"Every parent plans and makes a lot of choices for their child. Does every child accept or follow all that? No. But you are honestly the most perfect child in the world. You said yes to everything. Not once in your childhood did you defy us. Michelle, Laura, everyone was amazed by how perfect you were because there kids were not like that."

"As your mother, I've always wanted the best for you. Every choice I made for you was for your own good. I mean, how many girls out there will say that they are the beauty queen and also the smartest person in their class? I raised you to be the best and most gorgeous person in the room and you are.

"Adam Black is the kind of man that I wanted you to marry and you got him. He's very handsome, smart, honest and successful. You've got it all, Amelia. Your dad and I gave you a foundation so that you be able to get everything you want and be respected in the society. There is nothing in this world that you can't have or a place that you won't be accepted so now it all comes down to who you want to be because you can be anyone."

"Mum, I don't-"

"Nobody really knows who they are, sweetie so I'm just telling you to be and have what you want, okay?"

"Okay."

"So what is it that you wanted to tell me?" She asks.

"Oh! Right! I want to be signed with Gucci."

She raises an eyebrow. "Gucci is a pretty big deal honey."

"I know. It's currently the number one fashion brand in the world that's why I want it."

Through out the years of my career, I've had pretty opportunities to walk on the biggest runways. I've walked on Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Jaun Paul Gaultier, Balmain and so on.

"Um-" Mum starts but I cut her off.

"Please, mum. When was the last time that I asked you to do anything for me?"

She strokes her hair softly. "Well, that is the problem, you rarely ask but when you do, it's always something big."

"That is not true!" I lie.

"Remember your eighteenth birthday, when I flew a hundred of your friends to Bali or when you when you forced me to buy you a $200,000 doll. Oh! How about John Legend singing at your wedding, your diamond playhouse which I'm pretty sure you have lost and-"

"Okay, you've made your point and it's not my fault you say yes to all those things." I laugh, "And remember, John Legend couldn't sing at my wedding cause he was on tour." I pout.