Ang Pang-Animnapu

"Alejandre Industries indicts former Cebu governor for graft."

"Ex-governor Niklaus Cajucom named in plunder, malversation protest."

"Top real estate company seeks suspension of Cebu City mayor over graft."

Nanlalamig ang mga kamay ko habang hawak ang cellphone. In the span of less than three hours, this was what already happened.

"The former officials of the Cebu Provincial Government are accused of plunder and malversation over alleged anomalous disbursement of funds amounting to P200 million. Largest real estate former CEO and businesswoman, Mara Alejandre named several ex-government officials Niklaus Cajucom, and Ishmael Cajucom..."

Next were the videos, one was in front of one of our on-going projects and the other one was in front of the capitol. Naroon ang mga taong galit na galit at may mga karatulang may iisang hangarin. Ang patalsikin na kaming tuluyan.

Three hours was enough for my mother to gather every single one of our enemies to tear my family apart. She did a very good job and now the media and townspeople stood with her.

"I need my men here as soon as possible. Sa Cebu ibababa. As many as we can deploy." Ram was on his phone a few meters away.

Inabutan ako ni Nanang Thelma ng maiinom ngunit umiling ako. I watched all our other house helps try to bring little comfort to my other relatives here in our mansion. Nasa hardin man ay tanaw ko pa rin iyong mga basag at sirang gamit sa living room na kasalukuyang nililinis.

"The numbers are getting larger each second. We have to close the gates now! Order the firetrucks, Alviar!"

"Hindi natin pwedeng gawin iyon dahil mas lalo lang tayong magiging masama! They have the Almendarez and the Laurels. Mara is recruiting all our rivals to her advantage. Pinagsasama-sama niyang lahat!"

"We need to get out of here soon, while our men can hold it. Call your children."

"Right now? To retreat and go in hiding? Para mo na ring sinabing totoo ang mga bintang nila! Hindi natin kailangan umalis, Bernard!"

Hinilot ko ang sentido habang nasa harapan ang pamilyang nagsasagutan. And if that wasn't enough, Arjuna came running and shouting.

"Everyone! They are calling for a press con! Damn it! A press con!"

Sunod-sunod ang mga murang aking naririnig. Mas tumaas pa lalo ang kanilang boses. Ang ilan ay napainom ng tubig nang makaramdam ng pananakit ng dibdib at ulo.

The city that we tried to rebuilt had now turned their backs on us headed by our wealthiest and most powerful rivals.

And I couldn't fucking breathe.

While I was out enjoying my vacation earlier, a call knocked the breath out of my lungs. My mother and sister stepped foot in the south and caused havoc. Unang ginambala ay ang aming mansyon na sa kaalamang walang naabutan ay nanira at nagwala na lang. The second attack was at the capitol but neither me nor my father weren't there. Sobrang pasasalamat ko na lang dahil hindi sila nag-abot ni Papa dahil may inasikaso.

Our recent project, the one lead by Arjuna, was her main target. She had papers to present and fronted the Alejandre Industries to validate everything a powerful businesswoman like her says. Napag-alaman na rin naming kinuntyaba niya pati ang mga kalaban namin at ang mga taga-suporta nito. News spread like wildfire.

Bagama't marami kaming tiga-suporta ay hindi iyon nagiging sapat dahil marami na rin ang tumalikod dahil marami na silang nahikayat. It was like overthrowing royalty and we're all at the edge of it.