I stick my head out of the water to draw a deep breath, then lean back to hug my knees with my arms.

The only person who is stuck in my mind right now... is Levi. "That asshole..."

The right time to go with the plan is when everyone is asleep. In my bed, I silently climb out of it and replace myself with extra pillows under the blanket. The sound of snoring makes it easier for me to escape since it can cover up my footstep noises. After getting dressed, put on a mantle to hide myself and leave the barracks without anyone noticing.

Next to the barracks were the horse carriages that would be taken to Shiganshina District. Quickly, I climb on one of the carriages filled with wooden crates and sacks of food. With the crates, I hid in between two crates and sat there, hugging my knees in my mantle. Maybe this is where I'll be sleeping for now.

In my hand was Levi's knife. I will be taking this with me, just in case to defend myself. Maybe I won't ever return, because I'll be in a titan's stomach.

I slowly fall into a deep slumber...

...until I open my eyes again to the sound of people cheering outside. The wagon was moving, which can only mean one thing.

From behind the crate, I steal a glance from inside to find the Survey Corps riding on their horses and people cheering them on around them. Already, we're in the Southern Gate of the Shiganshina District.

This is the day of departure. This is where I can finally meet a titan!

"They're here! The Survey Corps!" the people shouted, assuming they were the townspeople. "Make sure you come back with results!"

What amazing shouts of joy.

The heroic departure of the Survey Corps... gave me chills. The carriage suddenly stops, and at this moment, I knew we finally reached the gate because of the shadows swallowing us.

A soldier, who might be the leader, shouts in command on his horse.

"OPEN THE GATE!"

I remain still between the crates. My emotions were spilling inside of me and I didn't know how to contain myself at this point. Should I be excited? Terrified? Or both?

"When we go beyond this gate, show me the results of your training!" the leader roared to his soldiers. "And show them the power of humanity!"

"Yes, sir!" the Survey Corps respond with so much strength in their voices.

"ALL UNITS... ADVANCE!"

When I hear the gate open, the soldiers charge on their horses and the wagon starts moving again. This energy was powerful and promising, but how will we face a titan? Will we ever run into one?

Now that I think about it, how long are we going to be outside of the walls? My only hope for us all is to return in one piece with our lives intact. Finally, at this moment, I am leaving the walls and entering a new world. A titan's territory.

From here, I can see the gate closing behind us as we advance further down the dirt road. The speed of the horses was incredibly fast and the soldiers were advancing with their leader.

Where are we heading?

I turn to my back and slice the cloth part of the carriage to get a better view of the outside and peep through a hole. The world is nothing but lands and trees. It is truly stunning and refreshing.

What a beautiful world, but why do titans claim it for their own? It truly is selfish of them.

Not knowing how many minutes or even hours have passed, the sun is high up in the blue sky. We haven't encountered a titan yet, but I wonder how much we have advanced. We've made it this far... at this rate, I won't be able to meet a titan!