Twenty-Eight years, I thought to myself.

Beau Pennington tapped the microphone. "Thank you everyone for coming tonight. This is a celebration of family and friends. Our oldest son Skyler married the beautiful, Nicole Dunbar. They've been married over two years and her father wasn't able to attend her wedding reception. We decided to surprise her with a party tonight."

He looked in my direction. "Our son Miles, recently got engaged to Nicole's twin sister, Natalie Bingham. We didn't get to have an engagement party for them. This is an opportunity for all of our family to celebrate these two amazing women. We all love them." Everyone in attendance rose to their feet, clapping, wiping their eyes, and cheering.

Miles and I took to the floor and danced to a beautiful song. It was so romantic, swaying to the music. I focused on his handsome face. Nicole and Skyler joined us on the dance floor and the DJ played, I Was Made For Loving You by Tori Kelly. I love that song too.

I heard about Tori Kelly and Ed Sheeran singing this song at her and Skyler's engagement party. I peered over Miles' shoulder. I was scanning the room in case Tori Kelly was here for a repeat performance. Nicole looked so in love dancing with her husband. They are definitely goals for married couples.

We dined on the best food and drink. We had a very pleasant animated conversation at our family table. My mom, dad, and brother joined right in with everyone else. We heard stories from Auntie Maxine and Uncle James about Nicole growing up.

My parents shared stories of me and Logan. Amelia related the many adventures of her three sons. Even Lance blushed, when she was finished. Lucas and June let out peels of laughter. Amelia asked about April's childhood. June's eyes sparkled with excitement. She was happy to be included.

Amelia is beyond kind.

I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. It was surreal that Amelia joined forces with June to make this night possible. I would love to write a story about this. We had the best night celebrating with our entire Dunbar, Bingham, and Pennington family.

Miles snuck up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Are you happy?" He nuzzled his chin into my neck.

"I'm ecstatic to see everyone enjoying each other's company. June is really trying with Nicole. That's makes me happy to see. Your mama pulled it off," I sighed and placed my hands on his.

"My mama never ceases to amaze me. Where there's a will there's a way. She always drummed in our heads when we were little. The word can't is not in her vocabulary." He chuckled as he observed Amelia talking to June.

Now, I'm looking forward to our wedding. It's two months away. This evenings festivities gave our families a preview of our wedding. We can all get along.

Amelia approached Miles and I. Her long black gown was fitted beautifully. She looked so elegant. She began, "I hope you enjoyed tonight. I wanted to help bring our families together, before your wedding day. Nicole needed and deserved this evening as well." She stared at me with her eyes studying my face.

"Yes, Amelia. I can't thank you and June enough for this memorable occasion. I'm amazed at the thought you put into it. That dance with our father was touching and historic. Nicole is still recovering from the shock of it all. I felt her trembling as the three of us danced." I acknowledged.

She clasped her dainty hands together. Her smile grew wide. "I'm so happy. This was truly special for everyone. We could feel your emotions. And you dancing with Benjamin, before the song was over was so loving. Your mother was fanning the tears from her eyes."

Miles leaned over and hugged his mother. "Thank you Mama. There is no one like you." She hugged him back with a tight squeeze.

The guests started grabbing the favors off of the beautifully decorated tables. The night was coming to an end. It is one I'll never forget. "Let's go say goodnight to everyone before they leave." Miles grabbed my hand.

"Congratulations, we can't wait for your wedding." Guests were echoing as we shook their hands.

Evelyn ran up to me. "Auntie, I drew this picture of you and Uncle Miles." She was so proud of her artwork.

"That is beautiful Evelyn. It looks just like us. I think I'll put it in a frame." Miles is such a charmer.

Lucas and June made their way over to us. "Good night you two. We're so thankful to your mama, Miles. She is a lovely woman. She thought of this idea."

"I'm glad. This is her expertise. I'm happy you asked for her help. This was a great night." Miles hugged June and shook Lucas' hand.

We said goodnight to all of our family and friends. I have never seen my sister this happy. Tears flooded my eyes and I couldn't hold them back. They slid down my face.

Miles grabbed a napkin. He bent his head, dabbing at my eyes. "What's wrong?"

"My thoughts drifted to Nicole. She must have felt so special to dance with her father for the first time. She has always wanted to be recognized by him, as she rightfully should have been," I answered through broken sets of sniffles.

I've grown up with a father and mother, so I've never walked in her shoes. I admire her letting go of her deep pain and resentment. She was willing to forgive and accept our father for who he is now. That couldn't have been easy, but she did it. I'm so grateful to be reunited with this family.

I was so intoxicated with joy that I felt tipsy. I only had one sip of champagne the whole night. I guess I didn't realize how overwhelming this night was. Miles grasped my car keys from my hand. "I'll drive your car to Nicole's house. I rode with my parents. They can follow us. You've had quite an emotional evening."

I nodded my head. I definitely didn't feel like driving after these events. Plus I love being with my fiancé. I wrapped my arms around his forearm and placed my head on his shoulder. "Thank you," I whispered low.

We left the restaurant and headed to the parking lot. I can't wait to talk in private to Nicole when we get settled at home. What an unexpected and memorable occasion to experience with her. All of our family was united and happy under the same roof.

A/N ~ Did you enjoy this Chapter, with Nicole finally being acknowledged in such an endearing way? 😢

                                           Votes and Comments Appreciated ❤️