|Ten|

Miles

*****

I helped Natalie off of my motorcycle. I missed the feeling of her arms wrapped securely around my waste. I had a great time showing her around Savannah. Come to think of it, she is the first person that I've had a ride on my bike with.

I'm happy we have this alone time. It feels like a date to me. I wonder how she feels about today?

We walked side by side from the parking lot in a companionable silence. This joint was jumping tonight. I approached the hostess. "A table for two. How long is the wait, it looks busy?"

"It'll be around an hour wait. We have seating outside. Someone can bring you a drink while you wait." She slowly handed me a buzzer, and a menu to look over in the meantime.

"Okay thank you." I nodded my head with a small smile. She seemed to make a lot of extra eye contact as she was speaking.

Natalie drew close to me and looped her arm through mine. She smiled at the hostess and tugged my arm, leading me outside. That was unanticipated from her.

"You know she was flirting with you, right?" Natalie seemed annoyed, staring directly into my eyes. She almost seemed jealous, but I could be reading too much into it.

"I thought she seemed overly friendly and that might be the case. But I kind of get that a lot, being single. And I didn't want to presume." I nonchalantly answered. I didn't want to sound conceited, or full of myself.

"Well, I saw her facial expression and eye contact. She was definitely flirting. And that's with me standing right there. I'm sure a handsome, single guy like you has plenty of female fans." She looked at me for confirmation of her statement.

I cupped her face and drew it to look at me. "I didn't flirt back! I'm with you." I let those words hang. Her skin on her face felt soft and the light danced in her hazel eyes, as the sun was setting.

There was an empty spot for two on the bench outside. "Let's grab a seat, before someone takes it. We can check out the menu and decided what to order. They give you big portions here, I hope you're hungry." I winked and swallowed a lump in my throat.

Our buzzer signaled in my hand. We went inside toward our hostess. I placed Natalie's hand in mine and interlaced our fingers. I think that unexpected moment jolted both of us at the same time. I fixed my gaze on her and she raised an eyebrow at me playfully.

I cleared my throat nervously, while my heart was racing unusually fast. "I wanted the hostess to know that I was with you. I-I mean. . . not with you. . .but we're here together." I was sounding like an idiot babbling.

"I know what you mean." She rescued me.

Her beautiful amber looking eyes twinkled with amusement. I notice her hazel eyes change their hue. She definitely was taken aback by me holding her hand, but she didn't try to pull away.

We walked up to the podium and I gave our buzzer to the hostess. She took it. Her eyes examined mine and Natalie's hands interlocked. "Right this way, I have your table for two. Your server will be with you shortly." She was very direct, handed us a second menu, and left quickly. She got the point this time.

"I see your girlfriend wasn't trying to flirt, this time. You two broke up rather soon." Natalie joked. Except I knew she was happy, by the pleased look on her face.

"I guess she saw I only had eyes for one woman." I smoothly interjected and she didn't know how to respond. She covered her face with her menu. I'm assuming, to hide the blush forming.