I saw Nicole's eyes swim with tears. "Why is that song playing?" she blurted out in inquiry.

A voice sounded from behind us. "I requested it. I've never had the chance to dance with my twin daughters. Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" He gave June his cane and she stepped back from us.

My sister and I each took one of his arms and we carefully swayed to the music. A large projection screen was set up. Pictures of Nicole and I growing up flashed across the screen. There wasn't a dry eye to be found in the entire restaurant.

It was the most wonderful gift for my twin and I to dance with our father, for the first time. There are no words to describe what a beautiful moment this was for Nicole and I. Our dad placed his hands on both of our cheeks. His hazel eyes dripped with tears and love like I've never seen from him.

He fought through his emotion. "Can you girls ever forgive me?" he could barely speak.

Nicole and I both nodded our heads up and down in agreement. No words could describe what my heart felt. I saw my father, Benjamin, itching to dance with me from where he sat. He looked longingly at me from across the room. I motioned for June's assistance.

"I'm going to dance with my daddy, Benjamin, before the song ends. This was always our favorite song." I couldn't leave the father who raised me out of this dance.

"Good idea. Go, go. I'll help Nicole and Lucas." June offered happily, as she shooed me away.

My father observed our exchange and headed over to me. "May I dance with my favorite little girl?" He offered me his strong arm.

"Of course Daddy." A big smile tugged at my lips. I placed my head on his shoulder and unleashed an avalanche of tears.

When the song ended, we helped Lucas to the table. He was exhausted. It meant everything for him to make such an effort in front of everyone. Nicole was visibly moved.

Only Amelia Pennington would think of something like this. I would love to know the backstory and how this all came about.

Evelyn toddled over to Nicole. "It's okay mama. Pop pop will dance with you again. He can dance with both of us." She leaned her elbows on Nicole's lap. Nicole burst out laughing. It was the cutest thing ever.

June placed her hand on top of Nicole's. "It was wonderful watching you dance with your father. He couldn't wait for that moment. He's been practicing for days," she wiped at tears rolling down the sides of her face.

"Pop pop, can you dance with me too?" Evelyn asked excitedly, while reaching for him.

"Let your pop pop rest for a little while." Nicole expressed to a disappointed Evelyn.

"That was beautiful Daddy." April leaned over and hugged our father.

Amelia was wiping her steady stream of tears with tissues. Mimi was still trying to regain her composure. She had dissolved into tears at this display of family unity. This was a huge moment for The Dunbar family. One that no one could have imagined.

I was happiest for Nicole. She sat down clinging to Skyler, as she broke down with overwhelming emotion. He rubbed her back and spoke low in her ear.

I was wrapped happily in Miles' embrace. "What a dance. I loved watching you and Nicole with such love for Lucas. This was a long time coming," Miles whispered close to me.