"Go home, Hardin"

Please don't mind the busted edit of that outfit, but that's Arabella's outfit at the library •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Arabella wakes up the next morning to the sound of birds chirping, as she lays in Hardin's arms

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Arabella wakes up the next morning to the sound of birds chirping, as she lays in Hardin's arms. She turns over and stares at Hardin as he sleeps. She smiles softly at him, biting her lip slightly. She's broken out of her trance when her phone buzzes beside her. She reaches over and grabs it off of the nightstand, and she checks it to see 15 texts and 7 missed calls from Daniel.

Danny 🧡: where are you? My car is gone and I'm worried.

Arabella widens her eyes in panic, forgetting that she took his car to come over to Hardin's house. She gets out of bed, careful not to wake Hardin, before hurriedly rushing to put her clothes and shoes on. She grabs her jacket and Daniel's keys before rushing out of the house. She got into Daniel's car and started driving to school. She felt incredibly guilty for spending the night with Hardin, knowing she had just told Daniel hours prior that she'd try again with him. She felt like she'd led him on.

Arabella got to the school and parked Daniel's car in the same spot as before. She thought she was safe to sneak back inside until she saw him waiting outside on the steps of the building. She got out of the car as he got up and started walking towards her.

"Hey, you okay?" Daniel questions.

"Yeah." She says as she hands him his keys back. He takes them and pockets them.

"Where were you? I texted and called you. You didn't answer me." Daniel says, grabbing her hands worriedly.

"I'm sorry my...my phone died. I'm sorry." Arabella stumbles out, nervous that he'd catch onto her lying.

"Where were you?" Daniel asks again.

"A friend needed my help." Arabella breathes out. Daniel furrows his eyes in suspicion.

"What? In the middle of the night?" Daniel catechizes. Arabella gulps and just looks at him not knowing what to say. She glances away for a moment to something behind him and huffs out a breath of air. Daniel follows her gaze to see Hardin standing there, staring at Arabella. Daniel's eyes dart between the two of them. He recognizes Hardin as the guy who started the fight last night, the fight to defend her.

"What's going on?" Daniel asks, still looking between the two. Arabella closes her eyes for a second.

"Nothing!" Arabella exclaims all too quickly, causing Daniel to raise a brow in suspicion.

"So I'm nothing now?" Hardin mumbles quietly, but Daniel heard him.

"What are you doing here Hardin?" Arabella questions.

"Why'd you leave?" Hardin retorts. Daniel immediately looks down at Arabella.

"What were you doing with him?" Daniel inquires, dropping Arabella's hands.