fifteen

The boy's eyes widened at my shocked state. Zayn spoke up, "We kind of figured you two had shagged because you're literally all he talks about."

How can they be so blunt? I shook my head erratically, "I'm not that kind of girl. And we're just friends." I spoke quickly, trying to get the point across that I wasn't a girl who slept with everyone.

"What type of girl are you referring to?" Liam chuckled. Louis and Zayn looked at me expectantly also. "You know..the type that does..that."

All three of the boys in front of me laughed their butts off, Zayn composing himself the quickest. "Harry said you were too innocent to even think of those things, but we didn't know you wouldn't even say the word sex."

"Then why did you even ask me in the first place?" I whined. I'm so embarrassed, but I'm not offended. "And I'm not a prude." I added with a huff. Even though these boys were embarrassing me, I knew I'd be good friends with them. They honestly seemed like the type to take me as I am; you know, 'cause I'm shy and a little awkward. Niall walked up and squished his way onto the couch.

"Mhm, sure." Louis boyishly grinned at me, making me huff, but also laugh. They all looked behind me, causing me to follow their gazes to Harry. God, he's gorgeous. I felt for the group of girls in the back of the living room who practically braking their necks to watch Harry walk this way. To me.

When he made it to us, him and the boys started another conversation. But I continued to look at the girls staring at him, making sure to be discreet. They all looked at him in shock, jaws dropped and eyes envious, seeming to be wondering why he was here with someone like me.

I turned back to the conversation, kind of embarrassed to be here right now. But then I felt Harry put his arm around my waist, looping two of his fingers through the belt loop on my shorts to keep his arm up. I glanced up at him in shock and he was smirking. His eyes turned to mine but I looked away before we could make eye contact. He definitely wasn't shy, and it's not something I'm used to.

I'm also not used to trying to hide a smile.

-//-

Hours passed of us sitting, Harry subtly sipping on his drinks, and laughing at multiple things Harry's friends would say or do. And those hours also passed with me being laughed at.

After Harry had put his arm around me the first time I had gotten too nervous to handle it, so I lightly grabbed his arm and placed it by his side.

"I'm up for a challenge, love," and I would find his hands scooting closer to me every two minutes after I would move them away. And the boys weren't afraid to notice this, pointing and whispering and laughing. It automatically caused me to blush-harder than the fact Harry kept giving me attention-every time one of them would give me a knowing look.

Now all of the boys had gotten up to find them a girl to dance with and me and Harry were alone. He turned to me and said something but I couldn't hear him, "What?"

He leaned closer into my ear and his breath trickled down my neck. "I'll be right back, stay right here." I leaned back and shook my head with nervous eyes, he can't leave me all by myself in here!

He gave me a knowing look and held a finger up as he stood from the couch, walking over to a guy the boys had introduced me to as Leon. Harry talked to him for a second and then pointed to me before walking off somewhere. Leon nodded and looked back to me. He surprised me when he only stared. Not a wave or anything. Well that's awkward.

I didn't come here to be left alone by Harry. We were having such a laugh and then they all had to go find a girl. Is that what Harry is doing? I shook my head with a little bit of anger but it subdued when I realized he's not mine to be angry over. I closed my eyes for a second and stood up, looking over at Leon to see him looking at the guy beside him, chuckling.