twenty eight

{{again, we truly apologise for the long wait. & this chapter might not be the best, but please please enjoy}}

My eyes widened and my body froze, though I looked down at my arms, seeing the spots of discolouration. Harry can't see these bruises, he'll just get angry and try to hurt Cody. Not that Cody deserves whatever Harry would do to him, he definitely does. But Cody might hurt Harry and I don't want anyone else getting hurt. I'm supposed to be the only one who knows about this.

I need to be the only one who knows about this.

"I mean it, Elliana. Open this door, right now."

I glanced around my room to try to find something to help me in this situation, but I had no idea what I was looking for. My eyes then watched the door as Harry's fists hit multiple times. Why is he so mad?

"Whoever is in there with you, I swear to God, they better be out in three seconds," Harry's voice roared through the door and into my ears. He thinks someone is here with me? Does he know Cody was here? My stomach churned. How could he possibly know that?

"Elliana," Harry spoke calmly, his hands finally giving my door a break. I sighed quietly when I heard the smooth tone in his voice, but my eyes widened when he continued, "I'm about to break the door down."

I sat frozen on my bed, not knowing what to do. I should've called the cops on Cody when I had the chance, instead I chose to injure him. I could've hit him while I was waiting for the police to arrive. I should've pressed send even though the text wasn't finished, but it still would've taken a plane ride for Harry to get back to me. But if I would've called the cops, then Cody would've been arrested and I wouldn't have to be worrying about what Harry will do.

All of these things I should have done but I didn't. My brain just couldn't make a coherent thought when I didn't know how all of it would end.

But since I'm so stupid and didn't do any of those things, I can't let Harry see me, and I have no doubt he is willing to go through with what he's warned. And I could only watch for a few more seconds before it got alarmingly quiet outside of my door.

I let out a shaky breath, I could try to cover the bruises. I looked towards my bathroom door where my makeup was hiding in a drawer. But I could hear something being tampered with, and I was positive it was my bedroom door knob. Just as I was about to jump out of the bed and run to my bathroom, I could hear the door handle moving.

When the handle made a complete turn, the door swung open and slammed against my bedroom wall making a loud thud, causing me to shriek. I guess Harry opted for an easier way in, rather than breaking my door down.

As if my body had had a mind of its own, I threw myself onto the floor next to my bed, making everything in my lap either spill or fall with me. I made an 'oomph' sound when my body hit the floor, and I saw Harry's boot clad feet from under my bed on the other side of my room, still standing frozen.

"Where is he?"

Harry started making his way towards where I was on the ground, and my instincts made me scoot my body underneath my bed. My arms hurt as I pulled my weight underneath the bed frame, boxes full of random objects in my way. I quickly pushed them away until my body was fully hidden. I was going to do whatever it took to hide my bruised body from Harry, anything to protect him. I had no doubt in my mind that Harry could hurt Cody, but Cody isn't the Cody I knew before. He's crazy now, more than likely on drugs, and I don't know what lengths he would go to. Harry probably thinks I'm insane, but the stress that has consumed me over the past twenty-four hours has taken its toll.

"What the hell are you-" Harry was beside my bed now, and as I saw him get on his knees, I turned my face the opposite direction.

"What are you doing under there?" Harry didn't sound as mad as he had when he had arrived. "Are you really that desperate to keep away from me?" His voice was full of an unknown guilt and I immediately felt horrible. Why can't I just tell him?