twenty five

Two days had passed without speaking to anyone really-besides the usual at school. Harry had visited once since Noah and I had gotten assigned to be partners. And I still hadn't mentioned anything about it. Besides, Harry talked to my father most of the time he was over.

I was starting to get nervous about this project. Noah hadn't really talked to me since it was assigned so I dont know when we're supposed to get it done. But I had started on some of the assignments myself so some of it would be out of the way.

I don't know what I was expecting when I walked out of the school doors after classes ended. I hadn't asked anyone to pick me up, so I guess this morning I was planning to walk. But I certainly didn't expect Niall to be sitting on the picnic table in front of the school.

I hesitantly made my way towards him. He looked up from his phone when he heard me approaching and smiled. He hopped up from his seat and slung an arm across my shoulders when I made it to him. He started leading us to the parking lot, "Uh, Niall, what're you doing here?"

He chuckled, "Harry asked me to pick you up."

"Oh?" I wrapped my arm around his waist to keep from tripping when we stepped down onto the pavement. "Is everyone else at his house?"

"Nope," we finally made it to what I'm assuming is his car. I muttered a reply as he opened the passenger door for me and he made his way around the car as I sat in the passenger seat. It smelled manly, but not bad.

As soon as I closed the door, hands came from behind my seat and wrapped around my mouth. I gasped and almost screamed but realized Niall wouldn't let anything happen to me-I hoped-and bit into the persons flesh. Someone yelped and the hands moved away from my face quickly. I turned to find Liam, Louis, and Zayn sitting in the backseat.

I turn to Niall who was laughing along with the others, "They're with me." I took note on how none of the three were seated in the passenger seat.

"You scared me half to death!" I exclaimed to Zayn, the culprit, sitting directly behind the my seat.

"Just a bit of banter, love." Louis defended his friend in a playful manner. "What a nice uniform you have." His eyes were teasing. "I like it."

I turned and sat straight, nervously pulling the plaid skirt down. "I hate it." I reached up to pull my hair out of my face. "But Harry also said he liked it."

"He would be an idiot not to." Niall chimed in as we exited the school parking lot. His comment sent a pink color to my cheeks and I coughed awkwardly.

I silently mumbled, "What is it about you men and school uniforms."

"Nothing for you to know, sweetheart." Surprisingly, Liam had heard me. I shifted the conversation to another topic, "So, where is Harry, exactly?"

"Oh, he's working." Liam answered when none of the boys could figure out what to say. "He won't be too long though, you can just wait for him at his house with us."

"Oka-" I looked down at my phone when it vibrated with an unknown number.

Unknown- Can we start on that project today? It's Noah.

That was ironic timing to say the least. "Uh, actually, I have to work on a project with someone for school. So I can just go home." I said, staring at my phone.

"You two could work at Harry's. So you won't be at home alone." My eyebrows furrowed when I realized he knew my dad wasn't home. Liam continued, "Harry mentioned your father worked a lot."

I only had to think for a second before I realized that that would be a mistake, Noah being at Harry's house. Shaking my head, I turn to Liam. "I'm not sure that's a good idea. Harry doesn't fancy Noah that much," I pointed out and my statement earned a chuckle from each of the four.