chapter two

chapter two ~ meet the pack

"Okay, I know I said I would bring Embry to you but there's been a change of plans so instead I'll be bringing you to Embry." Jacob said as he took my car keys from me and helped me into the car before closing the passenger door and quickly walking over to the driver side and getting in.

"Does he really want to meet me?" I asked.

Jacob started the car and looked over at me.

"Of course, you solved his paternity for him since his mom refuses to tell him who is his father is. Plus, he's excited to be a big brother." Jacob answered.

"Oh God, he didn't know who his father was." I said.

"Yeah, but don't worry about it. It's a good thing you showed up when you did or else he probably would have went crazy on his mom about it. And we did not need that happening." Jacob said as we pulled out of the driveway and onto the street.

By the time we reached the small but quaint house surrounded by woods, Jake and I were talking like old friends. We got out of the car and Jake led me into the house.

"This is Nikki." Jake stated as everyone stood up and looked at me.

"Hello." I said.

"Wow, she is not what I was expecting." One of them stated. "I'm Quil." Quil said.

"I'm Seth and let me say it is an honor to meet you." Seth said, introducing himself.

"I'm Embry." Embry said, introducing himself.

"It's nice to meet you all." I said.

With introductions out of the way, they went back to what they were doing.

I heard someone approach behind me. I was about to turn around when Jake did.

"Hello Nikki, I'm Emily." Emily said, introducing herself.

I saw that she had scars along one side of her face but I barely noticed them as she smiled at me warmly.

"Oh hello, you're Sam's fiancée, right." I said.

"Yes and you should get some food before it all disappears." Emily said.

"Right." I said.

"So, you're having my baby sister. Do you have a name picked out yet?" Embry asked.

"No, but if you want you can name her." I answered.

"Really?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied.

I followed her over to the table and started to make me a plate when I looked over at the boys that were off to the side, staring at the food a bit longingly, but they didn't move an inch towards the table.

"Nikki, that's Kim, Rachel and the little one is my niece, Claire." Emily said as she handed me a spoon.

"Thank you, and it's nice to meet you all." I said as my hand absently stroked over my belly.

"You're having a baby. Uncle Sammie said that's my cousin in there." Claire said.

"Yes, I am and he's right." I said.

"Thank Goodness, it's a girl. We need more estrogen around here." Rachel said.

Once I had my plate I joined Jake on the couch and watched as the boys practically attacked the table full of food.

"Wow." I said as I watched the boys had devoured everything.

"Man, they are pigs." Rachel sighed.

"I know." Kim agreed.

"Aiyana!" Embry shouted as we looked over at him.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asked.

"That's what I want to name her. Aiyana. It's pretty and it means eternal blossom." Embry answered, looking at me.

"Okay, Aiyana it is." I said, smiling.

"You're letting him name her?" Sam asked, looking at me.

"Yeah." I answered.

"So not fair." Sam said.

"Are you jealous?" I asked.

"No." Sam answered.

"He's totally jealous." Embry said.

"You can pick out her middle name, Sam." I said.

"Aiyana Kateri." Sam said.

"Awe that's cute." Kim said.

"Aiyana Kateri, okay, I like it. Hear that little one, your brothers have picked out your name." I said as I rubbed my belly.