Competition

Kyoya's POV

Second Place | Kyoya Ootori
I felt my jaw drop. Impossible. How could I score second on a mock exam? I've never been anything but first place.

So who made the top score this time?

My eyes traveled up one in the results. Oh. I have extremely mixed feelings about this.

"(L/N), (F/N)..." I murmured. My family's rival's gorgeous daughter.

"What?" A light voice said from behind me. I turned around, and my grey eyes met steely but mesmerizing (E/C) ones.

Your POV

The boy who just spoke flinched ever so slightly and turned around. Your eyes met his, and in that one moment, sparks flew.

And most definitely not the good kind.

"Oh, if it isn't the Ootori~" you sneered.

"Pleasure to see you again too, (L/N)-san," Kyoya said with a forced smile.

"Sorry I took first place from you." You smirked arrogantly. "Guess you just weren't up to my standards."

Kyoya's fake smile cracked, along with his pen, but he stuck it back together in a well mannered mask. His smile, that is.

You snickered childishly. "Well, I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. Meet me at the bell tower's base after school today." Then you walked off, happily humming to yourself.

**************time skip************

Bang!

That was the oh-so-wonderful sound that would sound better on his face of you slamming your hands down on Kyoya Ootori's desk. You also had the satisfaction of seeing him jump.

"Give me back my book, Ootori." You said in a frosty voice.

Yes, you were going to start a fight over a book. However, it was an extremely important book. It was your sketch/blackmail info/song composition/normal info/class notes/timeline notebook.

"How kind of you to come all this way, (L/N)" He said with that infuriating smirk. "But we were going to meet up after school."

"Shut up and quit avoiding it, Ootori," you said. Everything about him annoyed you. His flawless skin, perfect grey eyes, how he was taller than you, and the way he made everything seem effortless and graceful at the same time. You'd finally thought you were one step ahead of him when you beat him on the test, but now, he had a hold on your weakness.

"After school. During our appointment, I'll give it back." He said. You tsked, then left.

*********time skip**********
*******base of the bell tower********

You paced back and forth and growled curses and threats. Kyoya Ootori actually dared to be late.

He was dead meat.

You heard footsteps and looked towards them. He was only now getting here, and he was walking at a leisurely pace, with your book in his hand, resting on his shoulder.

You ran up to him and reached for the book, but he held it out of your reach.

You had mentioned before how much his height annoyed you, hadn't you?

No matter how many times you competed with him, he always won. It made you want to tear your (h/c) hair out of your head.

"It's not very ladylike to stand so close," Kyoya said, pushing his glasses up.

"As if I'm a lady to you," you hissed before jumping to grab the book.

You obviously missed, and as you landed, you tripped towards Kyoya.

So you put your hands in front of yourself and pushed him down, regaining your balance in the process.

He fell on his butt, looking totally undignified for once.

You stared. Then you started laughing so hard that tears came out.

You didn't notice Kyoya's startled look change into another smirk. He reached towards you, grabbing your wrist and pulling you down on top of him.

"Hush." He said, covering your mouth with his.