Have A Little Faith In Me

"Hey (Y/N)!" Hikaru called out to you in the hall after looking away from Kaoru.

"Come hang out at the Host Club with us after school!" Kaoru finished for him.

You blushed and tilted your head, causing your hair to cover your left eye. Then you smiled, "Of course."

*********at the host club********

"I could never live without you..." Kaoru whispered softly.

"Kaoru...."

You turned the teacup on its saucer with your slim fingertips, watching as the ripples distorted your reflection while the other girls giggled and swooned. You glanced up through your eyelashes at him.

From first sight, you'd taken a liking to him. He was sweet, mature, and could be a bit devious. You let out a barely audible sigh, using the tea in the teacup as a mirror to look at him indirectly. You ran your hand through your (H/L) (H/C) hair.

You wanted to tell him, you really did. You never had the chance though, always losing confidence or being interrupted.

While the other girls giggled and flirted with him, you felt an ugly feeling coil in your chest.

Yes, you were feeling jealous.

Your conscience immediately beat you up and you shot to your feet, attracting the attention of most the people in the club.

"Is something wrong?" Kyoya said, appearing beside you.

"Not at all, I simply remembered I had something to do." You said, thankful that your voice came out evenly.

"Very well," Kyoya said and walked away.

You you turned around to get your bag but felt a gaze at your back. Turning around, you made eye contact with Kaoru. He blinked in surprise and quickly turned around. You thought his ears looked a bit red and he might have blushed, but convinced yourself you imagined it.

"Before you leave,"

"You have to win,"

"The Which One is Hikaru game!" The twins said, turning around, pulling out their green hats, and putting them on.

"Have I ever mentioned what an ugly color those are," you mused out loud. Everyone within hearing range sweat dropped. "Ah, did I say that out loud?"

The twins decided to ignore you and switched around quickly. You didn't bother try to keep up. You tried before, but you got dizzy.

"Now... Which one is Hikaru?" the twins asked in unison while you concentrated on their voices.

"Ehh? That's a hard one..." You complained, even though you already knew the answer. You couldn't risk offending the guy you liked by brushing him aside.

You tilted your head to the side and smiled. "You're Kaoru," you said, pointing to him.

"BZZZZT! You got it wrong!" the twins high fived each other.

"Quit giving her a hard time, guys. She got it right." Haruhi calmly said as he walked by.

You smiled to yourself and bowed to them. "Yes I did. I'll be going now." Then you walked off, leaving behind two shocked twins.

*********after the host club*********

**********3rd person POV**********

"Hey, Who's bag is this?" Hikaru asked, pointing to a (F/C), stylish but sensible schoolbag.

"(Y/N) sat there, so it's probably hers." Kaoru replied almost instantly.

"Wow, you remember where your customers sit every time?" Haruhi asked.