Chapter 1.4: Magic of The Blood Moon (Rough Draft)

Start from the beginning

"I see nothing, Master. Perhaps it's the strange magic we're feeling from the Red Moon?..." Jaclyn remarks, and Kade grins a bit, excitement growing. He was hidden from their sight! Something was hiding him! He grins, then slips out from behind the Brazier, creeping forward down the hallway a bit more as the two speak further. Slipping around the corner, Kade grins widely and giggles inwardly.

'I'm invisible! They looked right at me! They really couldn't see me, at all!' He glances around the corner, watching as Jaclyn alone walked onward, the other male seeming to have vanished. 'Maybe now I can go and get that egg back... Maybe if I bring her to see the moon, she'll notice me, maybe she'll hear me then...' He glances back again, before hurrying down the hallway. Jaclyn would be going to the Bunk room to wake the others, he would be discovered being missing then. And he kinda doubted being invisible would help then, when a full fortress of Riders were looking for him.

Heading deeper into the Fortress, he wanders the hallways for a moment, moving on a bit of a whim, before he pauses by a door, just about to pass it when a deep, strange feeling grips his heart. Fear. Worry. Something Alien and unknown, pressing at his emotions, pushing at his mind. He gasps a bit, turning swiftly on his heel to look for the source, before he hears the whispering again, this time clearly.

'Come to me, my Rider... Not so far, now, not so much further...'

He gasps at the voice, staggering backward into the wall and looking around with huge eyes, trying to see the speaker, before he pauses... slowly looking to the door.

'Yes...'

The voice... was it... was the source from behind the door? He frowns gently, before moving forward and gently gripping the handle, pulling it open just enough to slide in. It was a stairwell, one way leading up to the outside, the light coming down in a scarlet haze that enraptured the young man, and the other way went down, a deep pull in him telling him to go downstairs. He moves, closing the door behind him and gently sliding the lock into place thoughtlessly, before venturing down the cool stairwell. The further down he went, the greater he felt the pull at his heart. The longing, the desire.

'Close... close... '

He takes a breath, before quickening his steps, before hearing some loud voices calling out. He'd been found out, Jaclyn had found him missing! He had to act faster! Hurrying down as swiftly as he could, he gets to the door at the bottom, and he bites his lower lip, the room having a rather foreboding name.

"Mortuary Thal'gard" He reads, pushing it open and moving in.

Inside the room was dark, colder than the outside. It felt as if the very air was chilled by magic, prickling his skin and nipping his fingertips. He rubs his arms, huffing out as he wanders through the room, looking at the various tables, before he spots something on one, nestled in some twigs and feathers. A sort of made up nest, as if in a feeble attempt to bring forth what was within. His dragon's egg, he found it! Scrambling forward, he moves swiftly and picks it up in his arms, gasping a bit as a surge of power washed over him, and he sees another vision, much unlike the last...

He was kneeling in the cold, open air, upon one of the battlements of Fort Draekingard, a radiance of joy coming from him. A thrill, a deep and powerful wave of glee and warmth washing over him, numbing him to the chill his body felt now, and then... Around him, before him, were fractured remains of something... Eggshell...

The vision suddenly cuts out as Kade hears loud banging, the sound coming from the stairwell. They were trying to open the door, he had locked it behind him, he remembers now. Hugging the egg close, he whispers softly. "I'll get you there... you'll see the moon, it's beautiful, I know you'll feel me then!..." He whispers to the egg, before running as fast as he can, heading for the stairs, a yell sounding as he rushes up them, stumbling a bit and panting.

"Who locked this doorway?! Oui, get this door open, Markus!" A voice, Jaclyn's, exclaims, and as Kade rushes past, he hears another male speak, and the door bursts open as if shoved by some invisible force. The black haired boy scrambles faster, swinging the hatch open to the ramparts and clambering out, setting the egg down to close the door behind him, then scooping it up and running for where he'd seen in the vision, glancing up.

The moon was almost entirely red, the haze spreading and deepening in color across it's once pale surface. It was almost time, something within him tells him, he had to go faster. Growling, he pushes harder, rushing past a Guard, who yelps and cries out. "HEY, KID!-"

He doesn't stop, jumping over the small opening for the stairs and rushing towards the rotary battlement he'd seen. His heart screamed for him to slow down, chest burning and legs cramping from the cold, and he howled in determination, the sound feral and longing, before he gets to the Rotary, staggering and stumbling to a stop, falling to his knees while panting heavily, falling forward to his hands and knees, the Egg rolling out before him...

Gazing up to the moon, his eyes gleam with wonder and awe, the once flawlessly white surface a bloody crimson, deep and pulsing, it seemed. He lets out a gentle whisper of awe, before he pauses, looking to the egg. "I'm here... I'm here, you showed me this place... I'm here, please... Hear me... Come on..." He begs, hearing the Guard getting closer, and several other footfalls behind him. "... Come on, come on!... COME TO ME, FA'LLYA~!" He howls out as the Guards catch up to him, panting as Jaclyn and Markus get close, seeing he was crying out to something, and seeing the Dragon egg. Jaclyn looks saddened, stepping forward towards the panting, partially sobbing male.

"Kade, I don't think-"

Crack!...

Kade gasps a bit, the others freezing and looking around, Jaclyn meanwhile staring at the egg with wide eyes, Kade scrambling and picking the egg up. "Fa'llya... that's your name... Fa'llya, I know you can hear me... Come to me!..." He urges, cradling it in his arms, Jaclyn whispering as another crack sounds out.

"Impossible..."

Crack!.... Cr... crrrraack~!

Then, a soft crone, weak and small, sounds from inside the egg, Jaclyn looking astonished and Markus gasping. "No, that can't be!..." He exclaims, Kade crying softly, happily ignoring them as he coaxed the dragon inside on, urging her on.

"That's it, Fa'llya~ You've got this, you got this~ Come to me, just a little bit more!" He says encouragingly, and the egg falls silent, before there was a soft growling of determination from within, this much stronger than before, and an instant later...

The egg shatters in his grasp.