chapter thirty-two

Perrie's POV:

It's been about three days since we all hung out. I tried to get them to come over again today but they told me I needed to do this myself. Finally building up the courage to have the long-awaited conversation I walked into the living room. Jade was messing with her phone and had a program playing on the tv. I saw the perfect opportunity while Jet was asleep.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked, sitting down on the couch next to her. "Oh nothing, just looking at stuff fans posted," she said showing me her screen which had a makeup recreation from one of our music videos.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask, my tone much more serious. Jade seemed to take note of that. "Yeah, what's up?" she asked. "Over the last month you haven't let me help you with Jet. You haven't woken me up at night or asked me to do anything. If it's because you're afraid I'm going to mess up or you want me to do something a certain way that's fine just talk to me," I said. I figured just coming out and saying was the best option.

The expression on Jade's face saddened. "No, it's not that at all Pez," she said. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way." I saw her eyes building up with tears. I grabbed her hand to give her some comfort. She graciously accepted it. "Then what is it baba?" I asked. "I...feel bad. The entire time I was pregnant you didn't stop to take a break. You got me everything and did everything for me. I didn't want Jet or me to feel like a burden on you. So, I figured I would do all the hard parts so you could just enjoy it," she said.

My heart sank. She had tears flowing down her face and I could feel them too. "Babe, I want to help you. Don't be afraid to ask. We're supposed to do it together, I want to change him and wake up at night with him," I said. She nodded and I gave her a long hug.

"Also, you're not eating," I said after we broke away. She had a shocked look on her face. "Jade, I know you inside and out, I figured it out a while ago," I said. She frowned and I cuddled her again.

"Are you feeling insecure about your body?" I asked sweetly. She nodded. Leigh was right. "You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You look beautiful. All woman who have kids go through this, it's nothing to be insecure about. You just had our beautiful child," I said. Jade started to smile "You really mean that?" she asked. "Of course I do," I said. "Thanks Pez," she said giving me another hug.

We cuddled on the couch for a while watching movies. We ordered food and I got her to eat Nandos, so it's a start. We called Leigh and Jesy to fill them in and basically spent the rest of the day with Jet on the couch watching Disney.