☠Three☠

Ashton's POV~

After school was out, I headed back home without Charlotte, Usually, she would get a ride from me but today she had her boyfriend give her one. I didn't mind, I actually liked being by myself sometimes.

As I walked into the house, I heard the sounds of my mother crying. What happened? I panicked and immediately rushed into the living room, only to find her sobbing with her face buried into a pillow. I walked up to her hesitantly, lightly shaking her shoulder.

"Mom, what happened?" She looked up and I gave her a sympathetic look, she only cried more.

"Y-Your grandma died, Ashton, she had a heart attack." She barely choked out, tears streaming down her cheeks. I froze in my place, her words sinking in.

"She, what?" I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. My grandmother was dead. She's dead. She's gone.

"I'm so sorry, honey, I knew you two were close." She patted my shoulder, attempting to comfort me. I slowly sat down next to her, a blank look on my face. Why do all the bad things happen to me?

I spent the rest of the day crying my eyes out.

*•*•*

I really didn't want to go to school the next day, but my mother had practically forced me to. So, here I was now, walking into school with my head held low. I was still very upset from yesterday, I could feel myself wanting to cry again. But I had to keep a straight face on, for the sake of not getting made fun of.

I desperately searched the halls for Charlotte, wanting to receive some sort of comfort. When I spotted her at her locker, I sighed in relief, making my way towards her. But, before I could I had been shoved by someone.

"So, I heard the only friend you have is only sticking around out of pity." The person spat, amusement clear in his voice. I looked up, only to be met by the dark grey eyes of Damien Reese, also known as my bully. He's been bothering me since the beginning of the year. But, what he has just said took me by surprise.

Charlotte isn't really my friend?

"T-That's a lie, she's my friend." I said in defense, uneasiness in my voice. He only smirked at me, shaking his head from side to side.

"It's not what I heard, she even told me herself." My eyes widened out of shock. She, said that?

"N-N-No, sh-she didn't." I stuttered out, fear clear in my voice.

"Oh, but she did. She even went on and on about how whiny and annoying you are, always complaining about your scars and stuff." I gasped lightly, the last part hitting me hard. No one knows about my scars, the only person who knows is- oh.

"So, she really did say that..."

"Yep, I'm not surprised, nobody likes you anyways." He said before running off, heading towards his large group of friends.

I was heartbroken, I felt like crying, sobbing until I couldn't even produce any more tears. How could she do that? She helped me, yet it was all just a lie?

"Ashy, how are ya?" I turned around, being met my Charlotte. I frowned at her, pushing past the smaller girl. Before I could walk away, she had grabbed my wrist.

"Ashton, what's wrong with you?" I scoffed at her question.

"Like you care." She seemed taken aback by my response. "What?" She questioned, a puzzled look on her face.

"You were pretending this whole time, weren't you? All the times that you said you cared, was a lie."

"Ashton, what are yo-"

"How could you? I thought you were my friend, but apparently not." I felt a lump forming in my throat, I tried ignoring it but it was no use.

"I am your friend."

"Then why the hell would you tell Damien that I cut?" My voice cracked at the end, I felt like crying but I held it all in.

"Ash, just let me explai-"

"So you did tell him!" I cut her off, anger now evident in my tone. I can't believe this. Why did my life have to turn out like this?

"No, please just-"

"Fuck off, Charlie, I don't wanna hear anymore of your bullshit." I stormed off, my face burning red with anger. As I walked off, I noticed Luke staring at me with his lips parted and eyebrows furrowed. I glared at him and he looked a bit tacked aback, and he had a look in his eyes. Sympathy, sorrow? No, guilt? Whatever it was, I ignored it.

Luke Hemmings never felt sorry for anyone.

*•*•*

THAT TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE IM SORRY