Chapter VIII

It had been six months since the elevator incident and life had gone by quickly. Scarlett had opened her practice and had been doing better than she thought. She and Jacob had broken up after his cheating scandal broke all over social media. She was now focused on her career and her career only. Nya had finished AA and had been four months sober. Scarlett would have dinner with her and David twice a week. As for her and David they both acted as if the elevator scene never happened. He would call her sometimes to check in but their friendship had gone from good to awkward.
It was a typical Thursday and Scarlett was finishing up with her last client. Her phone vibrated but she ignored it until the client left.  It was David asking her if she could come over for dinner tonight. Thursdays wasn’t their usual dinner night but she agreed anyways. She figured it would be better than going home to an empty apartment. She went home first to change out of her work clothes.  She showered and changed into a pair of jeans, a simple white tee and a black leather jacket. When she got to the apartment she was surprised to see Nya rushing out.
“Oh hey. I’m sorry I just got a call that my chef was in a car accident. I’m on my to the hospital now.”
“Well let me come with you” said Scarlett concerned
“No its fine. Stay. David already cooked and I would hate to see all that food go to waste.”
“Are you sure?”
Yes. Stay.” She said, kissing her on the cheek before stepping into the elevator. Scarlett sighed in disbelief of the awkwardness that lay before her. She could hear David In the kitchen. She took off her jacket and headed that way.
“Hey” she said as she walked in
“Hey”
She sat at the kitchen island and said, “So how’s work?”
“Work’s good. I think I have a good chance of making partner”
“David that’s great!!
Yeah” he replied with very little enthusiasm. He handed her a plate and she helped herself to a glass of wine. They opted for the sofa which was more relaxing. They ate in silence for a while. When she couldn’t take it anymore she finally said, “Did I do something wrong?”
A little surprised at her blunt question he replied, “no of course not”
“Then what are we doing? I mean this awkward silence isn’t us.”
David didn’t say anything for a while. “I don’t know how to act around you after that day”
“How to act around me? David we’re friends” She said that as convincingly as she could.
He got up and walked over to the large window. He folded his arms and stared outside, turning his back to her, “Are we friends?” he finally said.
Scarlett started getting irritated for some reason. She replied with “of course we are”
“We’re not!!” he turned around and yelled.
Scarlett who was now confused as to why she was being yelled at, didn’t reply.
“What was that in the elevator?!!”
“I don’t know! Ok I don’t know. Is that what this is about?”
“It’s everything. It’s the way you make me feel when you come around. It’s how I can’t stop thinking about you even when I’m at work. I mean when that jerk cheated on you and I came home and saw you in Nya’s arms in tears you have no idea how I wanted to kill that guy. Ok it’s everything. It’s you, you’re everything.”
Unsure of what emotion she was feeling she jumped up from the sofa, walked over, and yelled at him, “And what? You don’t think my heart does somersaults every time I see you. You don’t think I miss you like crazy. Your smell, your laugh, your touch. But I also know it’s wrong. God, it’s wrong! But I can’t help it! So yeah I do know.”
At this point they stood their facing each other, both equally upset. For some reason unknown to them both. “Why didn’t you kiss me? Scarlett finally said.
“What?”
“In the elevator that day. Why didn’t you kiss me?”
“ I wasn’t sure you wanted me to”
Scarlett then turned away from him, frustrated. She placed her hands on her hips. “I’m not sure what you want from me but this hot and cold thing isn’t for me. I’m gonna go” she started walking away when he grabbed her hand.
“Wait. Look I know I’ve been giving you mixed signals but I don’t know what it is that I feel for you but I do know it’s real and strong. But I also know that it’s wrong. Maybe that’s why I’m so hot and cold. But maybe that’s why you’ve also been avoiding me for months.”
Scarlett looked up into his eyes. The feelings he had unearthed that day in the elevator came rushing back like a tsunami. She leaped in and kissed him hard. He kissed her back with just as much passion and desire. The kiss was rough yet gentle, sexy yet sweet, a burning desire was set ablaze in both of them. They both wanted more, they both needed more. His hand explored her body. He grabbed her ass as his body slammed against the enormous window. She was the dominant. He quickly changed that and they both found themselves on the couch. David on top. His hand slid underneath her t-shirt and he massaged her soft, supple breasts. She started to moan as she pulled his shirt off.  He moved his hands from her breasts down to her hips; he started undoing her pant. Scarlett’s body went into a frenzy, she wanted him so bad, she began moaning even more, whispering his name. This made David even harder. The sound of his phone ringing interrupted them.
“Leave it “said Scarlett
“It could be Nya” he looked at his phone, it was her. “Hello”
“Hey. I left my key card and I can’t find Don, could you let me up?”
“Sure”
David quickly got up. Nya’s on her way up” He pulled on his shirt and walked over to the elevator to buzz Nya up. Scarlett was dressed shortly after him; she tried her best to make amends to her hair. When Nya got home, Scarlett was on the couch on her phone and David was in the kitchen.
“Hey guys” She said throwing her keys and purse down on the table. She walked over to the couch where scarlet was.
“Hey. How is he?” asked Scarlett
“He’s gonna be fine. Thank god. Can you imagine if I had to find a replacement chef now?!’ Nya collapsed on the couch “I’m so tired!!” she laid her head in Scarlett’s lap and looked up at her and said, “You look funny”
“I’m just tired” Scarlett lied
David then walked in with a plate for Nya. He sat opposite the two women.
“What have you two been up to?” asked Nya as she ate
“Nothing, just catching up” said David. He and Scarlett exchanged a quick glance.
“Well I’m gonna go” said Scarlett. She leaned over and kissed Nya on the cheek. “I’ll see you soon. Bye David”

Scarlett found herself awake at 12:30pm. All she could think about was David. She was very aware that what they just did was wrong but she couldn’t help the way she felt around him.  She got out of bed, got her robe on and walked over to the kitchen for a glass of water. Her apartment was not as big as Nya’s but she loved it. It was only one floor. It consisted of 1 bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and a cosy living room. It had a more mid-century design, with modern fixtures. Scarlett, of course decorated it to suit her own personality. So there were lots of colours. As she made her way back to her room, there was a knock at her door. She walked over to the door and shouted, “Who is it?”
“It’s David”
She opened the door and he just stood there. He said nothing but his eyes said everything. She stepped aside and allowed him to walk in.
“Nice place” he turned to face her. He placed his hand behind her neck and slowly played in her hair. She stepped closer to him and he leaned in and kissed her, his tongue quickly finding hers. He pulled her robe open, exposing her beautiful curvy body. She pulled away from him, took his hand and led him to the bedroom. As soon as they got in the bedroom she released his hand, stepped away from him and said, “Take your clothes off”
He looked at her a little surprised. She definitely liked being in control. He followed her instructions. He was now standing in the middle of her bedroom, completely naked. She walked over to him and traced her finger over his abs She kissed him lightly on the lips, “now tell me what you want” she whispered in his ear.
David looked at her intrigued by this game she was playing. “Take off your clothes and lay down on the bed” he said. She did as she was told. “Now touch yourself.”  Scarlett used one hand to massage her breasts and the other to play with her clit. She closed her eyes as she started to moan. “Stop!” She quickly opened her eyes. He walked over to her, his long, hard dick in front of him. She wanted him inside her but he wanted to play with her first. He started sucking on her breasts. This instantly made her wet. He used the other hand to trail down to her cunt as he pushed his finger inside her. She started moaning even louder now, at how good it felt.
“Say my name” he whispered in her ear
“David” she said in a husky, soft tone
“Louder” he replied
“David. David!!” she screamed
“Now tell me what you want me to do to you baby”
“I want you to fuck me! Push that cock inside me!!”
“As you wish”
He pulled out his finger and slid his dick inside her tight, wet pussy. Her waist moved inevitably as he began thrusting inside her, harder and harder. She felt too good; he couldn’t hold it any longer. But he wanted more. He quickly pulled out, turned her over and fucked her doggy style. Scarlett grabbed on to the sheets biting them trying not to scream out his name. He felt so good inside her.