Chapter 19: Memories

3 Weeks Later...
Saturday, July 4th

Paris' POV
3:45 PM

Today was the day.
The day of every year that I hate the most.
Today was my mama's anniversary.

I've been trying not to be like the old me and stay in my room all day and ignore everything and everybody, but it's hard. I hate the Fourth Of July with a passion...and every time I hear those fireworks, I feel like I stop breathing.

I came out of the bathroom and I seen everybody in the living room looking up at the TV. Some were crying, some were laughing, some was just smiling.

Once I made my way to the living room I looked up at the TV with them...

~
On The TV...

"Are you recording me?" Tamara laughed, shoring her deep dimples, as she tried to cover the camera. "Abe stop."

"You know you think you cute girl!" Abe said while trying to record Tamara from a different angle.

She posed for the camera, being silly. "Baby you think I'm cute too don't play." Tamara laughed.

Abe turned the camera around to him.

He raised his eyebrows. "Time to cut this camera off. Peace out y'all.........how you cut it off?"

Tamara laughed in the background. "Give it to me."

Video ends.

~

I looked at everyone smiling and sharing happy laughter...but my dad was actually crying. Usually he's the one to keep us up, and telling us to not cry.

Everyone's eyes were a little watery, and some were crying too...I tried my hardest not to.

It was a slideshow, so another video started to play.

~
On The TV...

"Boys I have to tell you guys something!" Tamara said to Abe, Kam, and baby Aaron.

"Baby hold the camera up right so—never mind just give it to me." Tamara said again, taking the camera from Abe.

"You know I don't know how to work this shit." Abe chuckled.

As Tamara adjusted the camera to be on the boys, she began talking again.

"Okay sooo...I have something to tell you boys.."

"Whaaatttt" 5 year old Kam anxiously said. "Aaron get off the floor boyyy!" He said again, being a big brother.

"Boy get that out yo mouth." Abe said to Aaron, who at the time was only 1, soon to be 2.

"Abe just hold him." Tamara said, becoming annoyed.