Chapter 2

It had been a week since the funeral, and we were now all living at our uncle's house. He was the CEO of the company our Dad worked at, so his house was huge. Much bigger than ours, and in a richer neighbourhood. Since Noah and Lucas lived alone, in the city, they were only temporarily staying here, until school started again.

  Noah and Lucas were staying in the guest bedrooms. Since I was the oldest of us three girls staying here, I had the largest room. The walls were plain white, but there was now an array of picture frames littered across the walls. They were all in black and white and hung in simple black frames. There was a large dark wooden bed frame to the left of the room, near the large, floor to ceiling windows. Beside the bed were two matching bedside tables. At the bottom of the bed there was a small brown leather sofa. Below one of the windows there was a large wooden desk, on it a new laptop that my uncle and aunt had gifted me.

  My room was quite simple as we had only been here a few days. But Cara and Analia's rooms were fully decorated. Cara's was a baby blue colour and featured a large beach mural on one wall. Analia's room was a light grey, with yellow touches. Her room full of butterflies.

  I walked into my walk-in closet and began rummaging through my dresses. We had guests coming over tonight. Apparently, they lived a few houses down the road. My aunt had told us all to shower up then dressed. We were told to dress formally, preferably in a new dress. I decided on a dark navy dress. It had spaghetti straps, a slight v-neckline and reached around mid-thigh. It was tight fitting, so probably not the smartest dress to wear for a dinner, but I wanted to impress the guests.

  I pulled on a pair of flats and then made my way down the hall, to see Cara and Analia. Cara was in a light pink dress, that flared out at the bottom. Analia was trying to pull a navy-blue dress over her head but seemed desperate for help. I wandered over to her and helped her with the dress, then helped her with her pumps. They were a matching navy-blue and had a tiny heel, as well as a golden strap around the edges.

"Girls come down quick, they'll be here any minute now," My aunt Bella called out.

  I gabbed Cara and Analia's hand and we walked out into the hallway and made our way down the stairs. Noah and Lucas were already there. Lucas picked Analia up and she rested her head on his shoulder. She was extremely shy and nervous around new people, so we weren't sure how she would react.

"What if they think were a mess Aaryn?" Cara mumbled into my dress. I looked at her confused, wondering why she would ask such a question.

"Cara, honey, we aren't a mess. Sure, there have been some bumps in the road these past few months, but we've gotten through it. If they don't love us, especially you and Analia, then it's their loss not ours. Okay?" I rambled, waiting for her response.

  She nodded softly and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"Maria, Matteo! How nice to see you!" My aunt Bella exclaimed.

  She pulled the man and woman into a hug. They embraced each other for a minute, then began reminiscing about the last time they had seen each other.

"Oh, my goodness! You must be the kids; your uncle and aunt speak so fondly of you! It's a pleasure to finally meet you all," The woman said excitedly. She was a tall, skinny woman, with raven hair and piercing blue eyes.

  Noah was the first to introduce himself. He stepped forward and held his hand out.

"I'm Noah, it's wonderful to finally meet you," My brother said confidently. He pulled at the bottom of his blazer nervously.

  The woman, Maria, pulled him into a hug.

  She continued down the line.

"Oh dear, you must be Aaryn, your just like your mother you are!" she exclaimed, a hint of sadness in her tone.

  I thanked her and she pulled me into an embrace. She began apologising about what she had said and claimed she didn't mean to upset me.

  "It's ok, it's nice to have someone speak so openly of them after their passing," I said quietly.

She then moved onto greeting Cara and Analia. They were thrilled that she was so kind. They were pleased to have a woman, so similar and kind as our mother in their presence.

"These are our children, Zane, Charlotte, Maddison." We said our hellos and began talking.

"Oh, and this is Caden!" She exclaimed.

I looked over to the door and my eyes met with a pair of dark blue ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello readers! Thank you so much for giving this story a chance, there will be updates soon, so stay around for that.

Remember to vote, comment and share this story! It would mean the world to me.

Thank you and I'll see you next chapter!