Apparently Family Time Mattered?

Start from the beginning

Lilith would've laughed, she thought sourly before another pin pricked her in her stomach.

"How much LONGER of this acupuncture?"

The acupuncturist looked up to her, not in the least bit reprimanded by the Queens' glares- he had had many a bitchy royal customer and was used to it.

"The silhouette and neckline-" She had wanted a lower neckline but APPARENTLY there was enough time to wear skimpy clothes on her honeymoon, wherever it was "is done, Your Highness, but the hem and sleeves are left. As is the embellishments, which will take me at least a month to sew on."

"I've to stay here for a month?"

The sister Queens burst out laughing as the tailor shook his head at the future Queen and continued doing what he was paid to do but was considering retiring from.

--

"I think the white was- Peter!"

"Hey." The High King spoke with a small laugh as he stood to offer Lucy an embrace- which was accepted within a second, of course.

"You're back." Susan spoke, pleasantly surprised as she embraced her elder brother also once Lucy had retreated.

"I missed you lot. The flat's great, but- well, it hasn't the commotion that there is here."

"You went to get away from all of that." Susan spoke, rolling her eyes light-heartedly as the settled in armchairs.

"All of that. Not all of you." He spoke with a smile that had once made his wife's heart flutter. "Where's Sanya?"

"You best not have left her alone with them!" Edmund finally voiced, placing the book he'd been lost into down.

"They're here to fit her dress, not tort- harm her." His elder sister spoke pointedly, swiftly correcting her near slip up.

"They were poking holes in her, though." Lucy pointed out. "I felt bad, but- even SU was falling asleep."

"She'll kill you when she escapes." Edmund warned, placing the book further away- apparently 'family time' mattered?

"'Escapes'? Ed said you were just having dress fittings."

"We were." Lucy replied, "You wouldn't know how terrible the whole ordeal is."

"We have suits!" Edmund argued for his brother.

"Oh, stop complaining, the lot of you. It's really not that terrible." The eldest Queen spoke, shaking her head, "We run a country, we can manage a few pin pricks."

"And being prodded and poked for a few hours? They can have the country."

"Oh, Ed. Stop being so over dramatic."

"Clearly that's why YOU'RE High King. Willing to take anything- from pinpricks to prods for your people and country."

"You would, too." Lucy told him pointedly. "You DO."

"Only because the country would be in ruin without me."

"See, you do care about it!" Susan spoke, amused.

"Well, yes. It's the home of rugby!"

"Along with your people." Peter reminded him pointedly.

"Yeah, them too."

Lucy chuckled at her brother's tone of his answer.

"You love the country, really."

"Of course I do, do you really I would put up with everything instead of just skipping away to some paradise island with Sanya if I didn't?" The brunet asked rhetorically.