A Pretty Heavy Topic, Indeed

"Lucy, for the thirtieth time, Sanya can barely walk, she won't run away, slow DOWN-" Susan half-heartedly tried to calm her sister down as she dragged them over to the Queen-to-be's room- outside which they saw Edmund conversing gravely with his future in-laws.

"Your Majesties." Her parents bowed their heads as the Monarchs approached.

"Thank you for saving our daughter." Her mother said, sure that without the medical treatment of the hospital, her daughter would've died.

"She saved herself, Mrs. Reza, she was so strong." Susan told her gently. "It's impossible to survive all she went through- but she did."

"How long will she have to stay in the hospital?" Her father asked Edmund, whose posture was straight and face utterly respectful as he looked to his future father-in-law, whom he had met half a week ago and had already caused danger to.

"Till her back heals, at least. If she's not able to walk normally by the end of this week, Dr. Brown wants to get her started on some physical therapy." He hesitated for a minute. "I need to tell you something else too, Mr. and Mrs. Reza- but you've to promise not to tell your daughter." He glanced inside the room, the door open, and saw his fiancée laughing about something with her little brother.

"Edmund, we can tell-" Peter tried, thinking that it wouldn't be easy for the could-have-been father to admit the miscarriage- or to admit that he had had sex with Sanya to her parents.

"Alright." Her mother shared a look with her husband, wondering what was so grave.

He nodded, swallowing- if it was this hard telling her parents, how would he ever tell her? "The doctor said that Sanya was expecting."

Blank looks faced him, but his sisters' pats on his back gave him courage.

"She was pregnant. Five weeks, she- we were going to have a baby."

"What happened?" Her father asked, unable to conjure up any righteous anger as he saw the crestfallen and broken look in the young King's eyes.

"She had a miscarriage- the doctor said it was probably the electrocution which ki- which terminated the pregnancy-"

"Oh." Her mother gave a soft moan, her face crumpled as she buried it in her husband's chest.

Susan and Lucy's faces contorted too, the display of grief touching their hearts, and Peter put his arms around them- Edmund in front of him, unable to do more than watch.

He still refused to cry.

"What happened?" Sameer asked as he came out, looking as horrified as a 15 year old boy could look at seeing women- including his mother- cry. "What happened!?"

"We were just telling them what happened to your sister." Lilith told him with an impossibly careful nonchalance, seeing no one else in the right frame of mind. "Are you done talking to her?"

He nodded and looked unsurely at his parents. "I came out for some water..."

"I'll take you." Lucy dried her wet eyes and held out her hand to the boy. "Youngest together, yes?"

"I'm not holding your hand, I'm sorry, Your Majesty." He told her pointedly- Peter being reminded of his brother- but nevertheless quite contentedly followed after her.

"Well, any of you wanting to talk to Gr- Sanya?" The redhead asked as she looked at her family. "No? I'll go, then."

"Lilith." She turned as an arm caught at her wrist. Edmund's. "Don't let her know. Please. Don't tell her."

"She can take it. She survived electrocution, she can." The High Queen had had no intention of telling her friend of the miscarriage, but still.

"She shouldn't have to. Not so soon after." The brunet looked at her parents, both looking lost and miserable. "She'll be told. Just not now."