Abrupt Turn

Y/N watched Nix walks in the center of the huge battle ground.

His steps didn't falter and no hesitation could be seen on his countenance. His goal is to finish the duel as fast as he can, he needed to be always at his princess' side.

Quonu on the other hand, adjusted his glasses once more and examined his surrounding noting the hard glass covering all the other representatives. His gaze soon fell into the Earth creature in front of him.

Quonu could see the wrath burning under Nix's calm sea green orbs, perhaps this duel will be his revenge for what he had done earlier on his master.

He can't help but smirk at the disillusioned boy, clearly, he's as loyal as a dog.

Having seen his opponent's smirk, the black-haired boy felt his anger overflow. Not only did he touched his princess but also insult him. Despite his burning rage, Nix managed to keep his facade composed by promising to burn the crap out of the red-skinned pest.

The countdown began and all the audience joined with enthusiasm.

"3, 2, 1!" a deafening cheer filled the stadium as Nix quickly landed his first blow.

His hand gripped his thin sword which he pulled out of nowhere and attacked Quonu, his long braided hair followed his evey move whist his enemy dodged all of his attack effectively.

Quonu's red eyes studied Nix's every move, he concluded that he can't beat the man with brute force since he was lacking it, but his brain can compensate for that.

Getting tired of the Martian's constant defense, Nix decided to back down and wait for the man's attack. His eyes  shifted from his enemy to where his princess was. Which was a dumb move for him.

Quonu took advantage of his distraction, he reached for his guns and aimed for Nix's head.

Fortunately, the black-haired man's instincts was fast enough to avoid his death. He slid to his right and saw Quonu's weapon pointing directly at his head. Realizing that the red-haired man before him wanted to kill him unconditionally, he would not hold back any longer

His green eyes glinted as he pushed his legs to run faster towards his target while Quonu tried to slow him down by shooting at every direction Nix would go.

The Mar's representative knew that he can't dodge the man's attack but he could also see how Nix's stamina goes down. His onslaught will be slower than before much to his advantage.

Reaching close the red man, Nix clutched his sword tightly and slammed with the intention of cutting the person in front of him in half. Quonu deflected his blow with his guns, he intended to use one for defense and one for offense but the strength of the latter made his plan go down the drain.

Metal clashing filled the stadium as the two representatives fought while the audiences watched in respect and awe for the two representatives. They wanted to extend the time-limit when they noticed how little time the duel had left, one minute.

The two competitors are both aware of the time running out so they prepared to finish it off in one blow. Both took a step back and readied to deliver their attack. The audience watched in anticipation, some gripped their seats and others paused their breaths.

Y/N though, surveyed her surroundings when she noticed her twin's current state.

A loud gush of wind signaled the two before they launched their final move but both stopped when a loud cry sounded. Nix's sword was millimeters away from Quonu's neck while the red-eyed man's gun was pointed at the black-haired man's chest.

They both looked at the source of the sound which was from the Algira's cube.

Y/N banged the portal's screen trying to break it open but her efforts were fruitless and even her voice couldn't reach Nix. Until the two heard the scream for help.

Quonu aimed his gun for the bulky beings who're trying to break the Algira's cube, the distance didn't permit him to see what the beings truly look like but he shot one down, one out of a dozen. His blood red gaze calculated the possibilities he had to help the Algira from getting abducted but it was close  to none. The Algira's cube was kilometers high from the battle ground, Nix will never reach it on time and the representatives who can fly are trapped in the portals. By the time he freed one, the Algira will be miles away. Thinking of the best route, Quonu changed his bullets to trackers, he shot three of it to three beings before dashing to any control room.

Meanwhile, Nix attention was focused on getting Y/N out of her portal. He couldn't care less about Alaya, his main priority is Y/N's safety. He searched  for any buttons yet he can't find one.

The audience who were there earlier disappeared as red lights began flashing and the thunderous alarm resounded throughout the auditorium. The portals opened and all the representatives gathered, all were shocked at the unexpected turn of events.