ALTERCATING DUO

“What an unlucky day.” Pyxzai sighed.

His day started full of males and now he is trapped with one, his only salvation was gone to wherever the portal transported the girl. A sigh left him once again.

“Yeah, it really is.” Nemeer copied his sigh and chuckled at the Jupiter’s antics. 

The blonde wanted the girl to stay despite his reassurances but he wanted the girl to leave Pyxzai’s sight. The winged boy’s obvious intention for Alaya was irritating him and his mind was too confused and muddled to really grasp what was really going on.

Royalties are really something.

Nemeer rarely encountered his planet’s queen and king but he remembered that every time he saw them, his heart would beat faster in excitement and awe. Perhaps it’s the reason why he confuses his emotions for Y/N as something like what he felt for his Queen and King.

“Let’s just get over it.”

Pyxzai lifted the blonde once more. The water almost reached the cliff which means the giant monster is now able to move and swim faster than earlier, it also meant that they need to go underwater to grab the two remaining cubes.

“Drop us on its head.”Nemeer said.

“No. The fin is the safer option.” Pyxzai contradicted.

“Trust me on this one, weed. I know what we’re dealing with, I literally grew up in water.”

“Fine.” Pyxzai hated the fact that the fish is right, the merman’s knowledge surpasses his when it came to waters.

“There’s the cube.”  the blonde pointed at the glowing object on the creature’s head.

The water is too deep for Pyxzai to hover while Nemeer dives, the white-haired man had no choice but to swim together with the blond.

“We’ll dive, just don’t forget that I’m not a fish like you.” irritated blue eyes stared at the liquid which glinted back as if mocking him.

Jupiter mostly consists of air but it doesn’t mean that they are ignorant of water. They have it, though Pyxzai found it problematic in his current state. If his wings get wet it would hinder his flight greatly, slowing him down until it dries. If a situation arises where he needs to flee, he’ll be at a disadvantage or if the fish decides to sabotage him underwater, he’ll be dead.

“I’ll make sure to resurface us every five minutes.”

“Three minutes.” Pyxzai commented, this way he’ll have two minutes to fight if Nemeer decided to betray him.

“Got it.” Nemeer confirmed.

The thought of betraying someone never came in the blonde’s mind though, instead he fought the urge to tease Pyxzai’s short air capacity. 

The two representatives descended, one’s legs turned into a fish’s tail while the other submerged in distaste. Nemeer took the lead and swam fast with Pyxzai trailing behind not even bothering to swim, if not for the chain pulling him he would need to work hard to match the merman’s pace. 

Moments later, they came face to face with the huge sea creature, its glowing red eyes watching the two like a hunter waiting for the right moment to devour its prey. 

Undettered , Nemeer swiftly readied his weapon, a short pointed rod that resembles a drumstick. As if sensing the danger, the monster let out a deafening roar that shook the entire area. Still unaffected, the Uranus’ representative launched the rod with great force towards the creature’s eye but it was swift, it managed to avoid his attack and only left a mark in its cheek.

Enraged, the beast lunged at the two, its massive jaws closing in. The two narrowly dodged being engulfed but it’s now closer for them to attack. Pyxzai wasted no time, he plunged his own weapon to its raging crimson orb.

His weapon may not be of much help in the water but his whip’s tip is sharp and pointed which punctured the creature. 

The sea monster trashed and roared, disoriented at its sight that is now covered in blood.

Nemeer silently praised Pyxzai’s quick reflexes and fast grasp of the situation, it’ll be a lot easier now that the monster’s sight is hindered. The fight has just begun.

After its wild thrashing, the monster suddenly calmed down and shifted direction as if pulling back. But this was just a trick; before long, the sea creature circled around them, trapping them with its massive body.

Stuck with no escape, Nemeer used his sonic drums. He banged them once, sending powerful shockwaves that broke the creature's trap. Not letting the monster adjust, the blonde continued drumming causing a bout of shockwaves hit the beast. Nemeer watched with delight upon the beast's struggle against his attacks as he played his drums even faster.

Pyxzai took a quick look at his companion's unique weapon—a small drum that emitted and controlled soundwaves, an oddly fitting choice for its wielder. But the blonde seemed to have forgotten their earlier deal. Pale blue arms tugged the chains to get his attention. Three minutes had gone by, yet Nemeer didn't seem like he wanted to give him a chance to come up for air.

Fuck he won’t move, I’ll run out of air soon!

Gathering every ounce of strength he can underwater, Pyxzai delivered a forceful kick to the merman's tail. Nemeer visibly flinched from the impact.

“Oi! What’s wrong with you?”

Pyxzai gestured upward, indicating that it was time to surface for him to catch his breath. Nemeer quickly grasped the message and swam to the surface.

"Are you attempting to get me killed?" Pyxzai shouted, gripping the blonde's collar tightly.

Nemeer raised both hands in a gesture of surrender. "Hey, I didn't do it on purpose. I just lost track of time," he defended himself.

The white-haired man seethed with anger, an impulse to punch the boy's face and instill some sense to his idiotic brain surged within him, but the cubes and the monster were more important right now. He let out a sigh, as if releasing all his anger in that moment.

"If you pull something like this again, I won't hesitate to end you," he warned.

"Sorry. Let's just grab the cubes quickly, okay?" Nemeer apologized.

"I'll slow it down," Pyxzai said. He pulled his whip and submerged its tip into the water. With the press of a button, the water began to surge with electricity.

Once again, they descended underwater to retrieve the cubes. They observed the monster huddled in a corner, appearing weak. Approaching the weakened monster, they retrieved the cubes with  ease.

Breaking the water's surface, Pyxzai swiftly lifted them out of the water. Enraged, at the harm they'd inflicted to it, the sea creature fiercely lunged at them with all its might, refusing to let them go without a fight.

Normally, evading the monster's attack was child's play for Pyxzai, given his exceptional flying skills. However, his wings were drenched, significantly slowing him down. The situation seemed grim – their fate only held two possibilities: death, or if luck favored them, survival with severe and possibly fatal injuries.

The two representative braced for their impending doom.

A/N Heyyaa~ Another chapter with no proofreading, I just added a lil bit to complete this chap. I'll try to match my writing style to the prev one

Anyways, I can't decide which weapon Y/N would use, so you guys may vote (⁠・⁠∀⁠・⁠)

Scythe (⁠ ⁠ꈍ⁠ᴗ⁠ꈍ⁠) or none (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠) you'll just use fists and kick butts