- 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

the tozier stallion  "

JOHANNA AND RICHIE
GET TOGETHER

JOHANNA IVERS SAT IN THE LIBRARY OF HER SCHOOL, EATING HER LUNCH ALONE. True to Kathryn's word, the girl had been switched out of Johanna's lunch, leaving her alone. Well, not completely. Johanna still had Richie and the rest of the losers in her lunch but she refused to talk to them.

After that summer, she had known they would drift apart. The kids were traumatized, it was inevitable that the group would split. When children experience trauma it makes it harder for them to trust. Their brains are rewired to think differently, act differently. It makes them look for lies where they don't exist.

That's why she didn't make many friends, she only had the three. Teddy, Kathryn, and Wilma had proven to her that she could trust them.

But, that didn't stop her mind from itching to join her old friends at their table in the middle of the cafeteria. The group was the popular friend group, they had that type of friendship that everyone wanted to join in.

She frowned as she shoved more food into her mouth. She didn't like dwelling over trivial things like this, there was nothing she could do. She looked up to the entrance of the library to see Richie Tozier walking in. She rolled her eyes as his landed on hers. Suddenly he made a beeline towards the girl, leaving her to have no room to escape.

Johanna scowled as he sat beside her. "Thought I might find you here. What happened to your friends? Didn't you used to sit with them?"

"Okay I'll let you in on a huge secret."

Richie leaned in closer to hear her, clearly intrigued.

"They were eaten by watermelons!"

"Johanna, that doesn't even make sense! And besides, I'm here to invite you to sit with your old pals, the losers club." Richie said excitedly, his eyes sparkling as he watched her. She quietly packed up her things, deciding to go without a fight. Well in reality, she wanted to go. But, she wouldn't admit that to herself. She missed the losers immensely. "Fine, where are we going? We have like five minutes till this block is over."

"Shit, that's right. I guess we'll just have to go to detention early." Richie said with a smirk. It was then that Johanna realized that he had made up an excuse just to talk to her. A smile tugged at her lips before she bit it back. "Uh-huh, whatever." She rolled her eyes as the two exited the library. The two strolled in comfortable silence before Richie turned his head to look at the shorter girl. "Who was that guy you were with yesterday, Joe?"