forty.

Chapter Forty.

"You ready for this?" Cyrus asked as he looked over to Jetson in the passenger seat.

Jetson nodded without a verbal response, instead pushing the masquerade mask over his face and adjusting it to his liking.

"Alright, let's go".

The two detectives climbed out of the car, Jetson's eyes fixated on the beautiful mansion that stood at the top of the hill. Deep down he wanted Cyrus to be wrong, but that didn't seem like the case. If he was right about the party, that also meant he was right about Isis - and that was his biggest fear.

A part of him wanted to believe she was at home, watching her favorite movie and cooking dinner - missing him as he had suddenly gone ghost due to his lack of ability to process his feelings. He knew better than that, and despite what he secretly hoped he prepared himself for the worst.

"Names."

Now at the large double doors, Jetson could feel the pace of his heart beat pick up while Cyrus felt completely at ease.

"Timothy Aramingo, and Devin Creed."

The man ran his eyes down the guest list, "And the password?"

"We're just here for a good time." Cyrus smiled convincingly.

Jetson, who had no idea what the password was looked at Cyrus with a puzzled expression - one that couldn't be seen behind the mask.

"Alright, you're in...not before your pat down."

The security guard didn't hesitate to feel the two men down, making sure to check every crease and pocket for anything that wasn't supposed to be making it inside. Once confirmed that everything was good, the undercover detectives were ushered into the luxurious mansion.

"Jackpot." Cyrus whispered, his eyes glistening at the sight of the upscale gathering.

Women, dressed in their best adorned the spacious room - powerful men in their company as they sipped the best champagne and took in their options. From the outside looking in, it resembled a regular party full of riches. To the trained eye, you could see the truth.

"Stay close. Remember your role, and don't speak unless spoken to." Cyrus whispered once more, standing close to Jetson as they surveyed the scene.

Jetson nodded. He could remember the Lieutenant's words, as they had been echoing in his mind all day. Find Icy.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"Icy baby, you ready yet?" Jhonny asked from the other side of the bedroom door, "I need you down there."

Isis, who was midway into pouring herself a glass of Brandy, popped her head up at the sudden sound.

"Come In" she shouted loud enough for him to hear over her music.

Jhonny did so, sauntering into the master bedroom that almost looked better than the one he had at home. He took in the bronze and cocoa brown decor, walking through the sitting area where Isis sat with a blunt attached to her lip with a drink in her hand.

"Damn, if I knew we were turning up I would've came up earlier." he said taking a seat.

"Sorry...I just needed to get my head on straight before going down there." Isis spoke softly, releasing the smoke from her nostrils.

"I understand, take your time. Well...not too much time obviously." he half joked.

Isis tittered silently, the sadness in her eyes evident as she took each pull harder than the next. Jhonny could tell the transaction with Hernandez took a toll on her, triggered her even. He didn't know her whole story, but he knew enough - and he blamed himself for dragging Isis into the fire when it was clear she just wanted to sit by and get warm.